Environmental Senior Manager
OXAGON Director Ports and Logistics
Assist in coordinating with NEOM Environment Department (within the NEO ENV Authority) and Standards & Compliance Department- ensuring project delivery is in accordance with the NEOM requirements.
Assist in Developing Project Dept environmental policies, plans and procedures and monitor projects Delivery compliance with these requirements.
Assist SEGM (Projects representative for Sustainability) with delivery strategy and implementation
Monitor Contractor compliance with Environmental Permits
NEOM (OXAGON)Projects Wide support base for project delivery regions and teams
Key Accountabilities & Activities
- Establish, monitor and report against the NEOM Projects Environmental Execution Plan in accordance with NEOM Policies, Governance Framework, Environmental and Sustainability procedures and other requirements.
- Conduct regular inspections of delivery performance against established KPI’s.
- Assist OXAGON project with ESIA, CESMP and Environmental Accord ahead of enabling works and also building works.
- Manage NEV 20 steps compliance process.
- Manage Framework of Specialist Environment related 3 rd Party consultants.
- Projects wide departmental Environmental & Sustainability reporting-through planning, design, execution and handover stages. Establish and monitor metrics.
- Generating training strategies and managing implementation.
- Lead strategic environmental audits to monitor emissions, contamination and pollutants in areas of development and construction and thereby propose regulations and policies to manage the control of pollution and integrate waste treatment and recycling measures into NEOM.
- Develop a comprehensive budget with realistic timelines and quick wins focused on environmental strategies that are cost effective and maintain high levels of environmental quality foe construction.
- Educate project teams, internal and external stakeholders regarding environmental plans and policies to ensure accountability.
- Develop mitigation and crisis management plans to be implemented in the event of an environmental incident, and successfully work with other departments and sectors to develop effective environmental strategies that reduce risk of pollutants and contamination.
- Review and propose amendments to existing environmental Policies, Plans, NEOM Standards and requirements in line with global trends and Standards as well as Project department drivers-always in accordance with the NEOM Vision.
Background, Skills & Qualifications
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Environmental tertiary education+ University degree
- Over 15 yrs. Experience
- Experience with Dredging and Marine Works Construction
- 5yrs. + on major/mega-project delivery
- Owners Side, 5 yrs. Leading Environmental performance function of Developments (including oversight of CAPEX construction)
- Strong track record of both establishing and running Environmental Policies and execution Plans.
- High emotional intelligence. Ability to deal with many stakeholders with competing priorities.
- Strong influencer
- A strong technical Environmental base
- Highly agile and adaptable
- Remote project experience highly preferred
- NEOM Projects Senior Environmental Governance manager
- NEOM Projects Teams
- NEOM Environmental Authority
- NEOM Regions
- Industry associations and Standards bodies
- External auditor authorities
- Technology vendors and research institutes
- 3rd Party consultancies
Prepared by (Department Head)
Approved by (Division Head)
Reviewed by (Human Resources)