Are you looking to accelerate your career? This opportunity is with an exciting company who are focussed on producing some of the most driver-engaging supercars ever built.
You will be joining the growing team in the West Midlands in the position of Project Engineer - eDrive Software & Controls. In this role you will be responsible for the design and realisation of the vehicle level high voltage software-controlled features (battery, charger, drive unit, thermal systems control) and functions in accordance with the vehicle timing and development plan.
- In collaboration with the system owners, specify, develop and manage detailed requirements to be implemented in the HV electrical architecture. These range from simple binary functions through to complex distributed functions.
- Provide technical and project oversight for software related developments undertaken by our technical partners and Tier 1 suppliers. Ensure compliance with process driven development.
- Track the development progress and maturity of feature/function and application development. Co-ordinate multi-party activities to ensure synchronised delivery and testing. Implement mitigation strategies when things go off-plan. Use network of experts to help solve complex issues.
- Management of technical deliverables such as Feature Implementation Plans (FIPs), software timing plans, issues trackers, signals databases and open issues decks.
- Maintain oversight and compatibility of all HV control systems on the vehicle which will include concept, prototype, review, implementation, evaluation and support phases. Document and maintain the system interfaces and how their optimisation may impact efficiency and performance.
- Participate in system review, verification & validation activities including FMEAs, DVP planning, ISO26262 functional safety and other tests throughout the development lifecycle.
- Drive system review, verification & validation activities including leading FMEAs, DVP planning and ISO26262 compliance.
You will receive
- £50,000 - £75,000 salary (potential for negotiation if required).
- 25 days of holiday, plus a Holiday Loyalty Bonus Scheme which increases holiday allowance with longer service.
- Life assurance scheme.
- Pension plan which improves with service.
- Private medical scheme.
- Ride to work scheme.
- Salary sacrifice car scheme.
- Significant experience of vehicle/systems/sub-system software development and delivery of HV Powertrains (Battery to Driveshaft) within an automotive engineering environment.
- Expertise in Simulink and control systems. Ability to create ground up, high quality control systems with the ability to modify and adapt in high pressure environments without compromising integrity of the control system.
- Demonstrable understanding of electric powertrain architectures and underlying principles and technologies including thermal management, torque control, logic state machines, torque vectoring and regeneration.
- Experience of project engineering with Tier 1 suppliers, preparation of project documentation and reports. Risk management, mitigation and recovery planning.
- Working knowledge of systems such as Batteries, OBCs, DCDCs, Inverters, Motor/Generators and Gearboxes.
- Experience with Autosar and Functional Safety programmes.
- Experience of system/component delivery within an APQP, six sigma or similar framework (FMEA, DVP, quality planning, PPAP etc) and full product lifecycle activities.
- Ability to communicate the requirements of the vehicle programme to a supplier and manage the cost/benefit/compromise when adapting and enhancing existing and new technologies.
- Articulate, self-motivated, and able to work well on own initiative.
- Possession of an Electronics, Control Systems, Automotive or similar honours engineering degree. Other recognised engineering qualifications combined with relevant significant experience will be considered.
This opportunity requires full right to live and work in the UK indefinitely. Work permits, Visas and Sponsorship are unavailable.
If you could see this as the right opportunity, don't hesitate to apply. Alternatively, pop me across a connection request if you would like to find out more information first!