We have a great opportunity for a Solar Commissioning Engineer to join our highly successful Energy business; primarily supporting our solar and renewable energy projects.
Bouygues Energies & Services design, install and commission large scale solar PV farms for our clients. Supplying renewable energy from solar power plants enables local communities to reduce costs and reduce their carbon footprint. It also means they can provide off-grid power in remote areas that can be sold back to the grid or used locally at a cheaper price than grid-supplied energy.
Please note - This role will require working across parts of the Midlands, Yorkshire, Cambridgeshire and Essex. Hotel and travel expenses will be included.Key Activities
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, experience, and qualifications:
- To lead, on site and off site, all testing and commissioning activities in solar farms being delivered by the Company by managing internal and external resources required in order to perform all testing and commissioning activities
- To prepare testing and commissioning plans and test procedures, outlining requirements (time, resources, equipment as well particular conditions to be satisfied) and test deliverables, associated method statements and risk assessments
- To review test results against agreed contractual and normative criteria and to organise remedial activities if and where required, including the investigations, diagnosis and troubleshooting that may occasionally be required
- To compile test reports in accordance with contractual requirements and applicable normative references
- To provide input to project management, design, engineering, procurement to ensure that appropriate commissioning
- requirements are incorporated into all related activities in order to ensure operability, safety and performance
- To provide asset performance, simulation, measurement and verification as well as reporting of PV plant performance for assets in commissioning phase and to initialise any required remediation
- To keep abreast of technological and commercial market developments and to inform senior management of any salient innovation
- To ensure the consistent high quality of services through management of and interface with third parties, sub-contractors as well as in-house resources
- To effectively manage supply chain, to ensure supply chain audits are conducted and appropriate action plans put in place for improvements. To develop a professional relationship with key supply chain partners to ensure high quality service delivery for the Client
- To implement the company's corporate strategies, especially in the context of optimising financial performance, Quality Assurance requirements, Health & Safety good practice and statutory compliance.
We Offer An Excellent Benefits Package Including
- Must have previous experience of commissioning large scale Solar PV farms
- Knowledge and experience of G99 and HV
- Solar PV operations & maintenance experience (O&M)
- Flexible approach with the ability to travel across various sites within the UK and working away from home
Why Bouygues E&S Solutions?
- Generous holiday allowance
- Private Health Care
- Car allowance
- Flexible working opportunities
- Company share scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Employee assistance programme (Private GP Appointments, Legal support, Counselling)
- Non contractual bonus
- Access to LinkedIn training
- Access to Bouygues Management Academy
- Bouygues Energies & Services Solutions (BYES) is an international business operating in over 25 countries and employing over 13,500 people. The company is part of the Bouygues Group - a global brand employing over 130,000 people in 80 countries within the construction, engineering, civil works, energy services, telecommunications, and media sectors. In the UK, Bouygues Energies & Services is a leading provider of facilities management (FM), energy services, highways, and complex engineering solutions across the public and private sectors.
- We place a strong emphasis on continual development, both professional and interpersonal. Currently over 2% of the Company's payroll is spent on Learning and Development activities. We have our own international and local training centres, delivering technical and management courses.
- Here at Bouygues we value the creativity and innovation that our diverse workforce brings, encouraging people from all backgrounds, particularly those from underrepresented communities to apply. By joining us, you will be inspired to bring your full self to the workplace, speak up and share your unique ideas. You will also have an opportunity to join our employee led diversity & inclusion communities such as WeLink (women network), Encompass (LGBTQ+), Kaleidoscope (BAME), Disability and Wellness peer support network, Parents and Carers network.
- We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
- We value your privacy and we are committed to protecting your personal details. If you choose to apply for this role, please do not include any sensitive data on your CV which reveals (directly or indirectly): your race or ethnic origins, your political, philosophical or religious opinions, or your membership of a trade union, your social security number, or information which relates to your health or sexual orientation or to any criminal convictions