Williams’ core competencies are the design and development of racing cars to compete in the Formula One World Championship. As one of the world's leading Formula One teams, the company has secured 16 FIA Formula One World Championship titles since its foundation in 1977 and is now moving into an exciting era under new ownership defined by relentless innovation and living sustainable performance in every dimension.The Position
We are seeking a skilled Data Engineer to join our Data & Analytics team, which is responsible for curating all Williams-related data. The team maintains a dynamic data strategy that adds value to the business while identifying opportunities for process improvement and competitive advantage.Role Responsibilities
As a Data Engineer reporting to the Head of Data & Analytics, your primary responsibilities include:
- Designing, constructing, and maintaining scalable data pipelines for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) processes.
- Collaborating with the Data & Analytics team to understand data requirements and implement data solutions to support business needs.
- Developing and optimising data processing and data storage systems, ensuring high performance, reliability, and security.
- Ensuring data quality, integrity, and compliance with relevant industry standards and best practices.
- Assisting in migrating data pipelines and data storage to the cloud and implementing cloud-based data solutions.
- Creating and maintaining data pipeline documentation, including data flow diagrams, technical specifications, and user guides.
- Working closely with Database Administrators, Data Analysts, and Data Scientists to support data-driven initiatives and insights.
- Continuously evaluating and implementing new technologies and tools to enhance the data engineering capabilities of the team.
As a Data Engineer, you will possess:
Application Closing Date
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in data engineering or a related field, with a focus on data pipeline development and management.
- Strong understanding of various data storage technologies, including relational, NoSQL, and data warehousing solutions.
- Experience with data pipeline and ETL tools, such Apache Kafka, and Apache Airflow.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, Java, or Scala.
- Familiarity with big data processing frameworks like Hadoop, Spark, or Flink.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot complex data engineering issues.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with an aptitude for collaborating with diverse stakeholders.
- Familiarity with industry standards, security protocols, and best practices.
All applications must be received by the 4th June 2023.What can Williams offer?
The Williams Group is based in multi acre complex located in Grove, Oxfordshire. The Williams Group offers a competitive holiday package, staff events/open days, a subsidised restaurant on site and various car schemes. We have an on-site gym (open 24 hours a day) as well as various fitness classes including outdoors bootcamps, pilates and yoga free for all staff and contractors to use. Aside from these benefits we can offer free onsite parking and large open green spaces to unwind during breaks. We are a based just 30 mins from Oxford City Centre by bus.
Williams is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments