Location(s): London, City of London, GB, EC2R 8HP
RWE Supply & Trading GmbH, London, Essen
To start as soon as possible, Full time / Part time, Permanent
From hydroelectric power allocations to energy trading – weather plays a pivotal role in the energy sector. Since power generation, demand and prices are directly related to the weather, reliable and accurate analysis of meteorological information and weather forecasting is crucial, to ensure efficiency, effectiveness and to determine our success.
Here at RWEST we have a dynamic, cross-locational Weather Analysis team, based across London, UK and Essen, Germany, who provide meteorological information and analysis to our Energy Traders and Analysts, which helps us maintain our competitive edge in the market.
You will be an integral part of the wider analyst community that cover all traded commodities at all of our locations. Collaborating closely with your own team and other business areas, you will help to develop analytical tools to prepare, structure and process weather data for further interpretation and usage in various forecasting activities. Ultimately, your work will actively contribute to positively influencing day-to-day trading decisions for RWEST.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Producing comprehensive and in-depth analysis of weather forecast data and measurement of this data.
- Developing routines, automated procedures and quantitative analytical tools to draw essential conclusions from large amounts of weather data in an efficient way, for further evaluation and application in our daily processes.
- Post-process and statistically analysing internal and external forecasts to enrich the results and provide state-of-the-art practices in tuning forecast products for trading activities.
- Contributing to the various analysis products conducted by the team of Meteorologists.
This role can be based at our office in London, UK or Essen, Germany. We offer flexible and hybrid working arrangements and this role can be either full or part-time (to be discussed).
You will be Degree-qualified in Meteorology, Environmental Science or a related Scientific subject, and demonstrate exceptional analytical skills, with the ability to comprehend and interpret large amounts of complex information (essential).
Other essential requirements include:
- Programming knowledge i.e. Python, R, SQL and sound knowledge of visualization tools such as Tableau or similar.
- Results-oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment to tight deadlines.
- Resilience and the ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to adapt to different types of tasks and the capability to keep a cool head in a pressured environment.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to convey technical information to multiple stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
Team culture is particularly important, so you’ll be a collaborative, enthusiastic and supportive team player with strong interpersonal skills and someone who is adept at building relationships.
- Familiarity with weather forecasts (esp. wind and radiation parameters) for renewable generation, as well as understanding of numerical weather models, their output (conversion of GRIB and NetCDF files, etc.) and reanalysis data.
What’s on offer
- You’ll become part of a modern and supportive company culture at Europe’s biggest energy trader, with flat hierarchies, close collaboration between teams and departments, and a plethora of development opportunities.
- We offer generous benefits packages including performance-based bonuses, private healthcare, flexible working patterns & hybrid working, pension plan with double-matched company contribution, health and wellbeing programmes and much more.
- Finally, you can help us achieve our ambition of being carbon neutral by 2040, with clean, secure and affordable energy.
Apply now with just a few clicks: ad code 81436
Any questions? Zena Phillips (Recruiting) firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to meeting you!
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications, irrespective of gender, disability, nationality, ethnic and social background, religion and beliefs, age or sexual orientation and identity. #inclusionmatters
Of course, you can find us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Xing, too.
RWE represents change, innovation and sustainability. As one of the world’s leading generators of electricity from renewable energy sources, we aim to be carbon-neutral by 2040 and to enable a sustainable life for people around the world. To achieve this, we are looking for dynamic and motivated people to join us in creating a sustainable and secure energy future.
About RWE Supply & Trading GmbH
RWE Supply & Trading is the interface between RWE and the energy markets around the world. Approximately 1,700 employees from over 50 different countries trade (renewable) electricity, (green) gas, commodities and CO2 emission allowances. The trading entity also ensures the commercial optimisation of RWE’s power plant dispatch and markets electricity from renewables.