Who are you?
You are an experienced data product manager, someone with a deep interest in the needs of users and businesses to answer questions through data and an equally deep interest in modern data platform technologies and what they are capable of. You believe in the value of data to drive better decisions.OK, that’s me, but who are DrDoctor?
DrDoctor is a HealthTech company on an exciting growth trajectory. Our technology focuses on engaging patients across their healthcare journey while saving hospitals time, effort, and money.Our Mission
is that healthcare needs a reset. More people need care every day and health services struggle. Current patient engagement is a mess of disparate systems that hinder, rather than help care delivery.Our Vision
is a remote-first healthcare system, which can meet demand without sacrificing care quality. We want patients to be engaged in their care, shifting to a digital first model.We do this at scale:
- 19 million+ patients use DrDoctor
- We manage over 83 million appointments
- We work with over 47 NHS Trusts and Health Boards (and still growing!)
We :green_heart: the NHS and want to help it work better. We radically transform the delivery of health services to make healthcare work for everyone – for patients, doctors, administrative teams and taxpayers.Tell me more! Who will I be working with?
Our team is made up of Data Engineers, a Data Analyst and BI Analyst and have a key role to play within the company. Our goal is to make sure that everyone at DrDoctor (and our clients) have the data and insight they need to make well-informed data-driven decisions.
Some of the work on our roadmap includes a brand-new data platform and some seriously cool AI and machine learning products. It means we need ambitious people with open minds, big imaginations and a passion for data-driven development. People who are willing to explore and learn but also collaborate and share their knowledge right across the business.
One of the best things about the role is that the data and products we work with are used to help our wonderful NHS give patients the care they need quickly and efficiently. There aren’t many jobs where you can make an important contribution to the community like this. It’s a great feeling.
Finally, we’re a friendly and sociable bunch of people who come from all around the world and all walks of life. And we like a laugh!”
What would I be doing day to day?
One of the great things about a scale-up is that every day is different and there is always an opportunity to get involved in something outside of your ‘BAU’!
However, the key things you could expect would include:
OK, I’m interested. What experience do I need to have?
- Take ownership of our new data platform, working with data engineers, data analysts and machine learning developers to shape the platform and the solutions built on it that deliver value to our customers and colleagues
- Understand the data & insight needs of our customers and work out how to translate those needs into valuable data products integrated into the DrDoctor platform
- Handle anything from integrating new cutting-edge data technologies and making new data and structured datasets available for analytics to designing a new reporting portal for users to access the insight they need
- Ensure our data is held and processed in line with best security practices and meets our legal and compliance obligations
- Be a data champion and spread the message on the importance of data to drive decisions and help build out our data competency throughout the business
- Understanding of cloud data/ ETL / data warehousing concepts
- Experience working closely with data engineering, business intelligence and analytics teams
- Ability to translate between technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience speaking directly with users to understand their data & insight needs
- Passion for data-driven decision making
NICE TO HAVES
- Proficiency with software development methodologies such as Agile and experience working with product scrum teams
- Experience developing processes and tools to monitor performance and usage of data platforms and products
- Understanding of business and product metrics frameworks, especially SaaS metrics
- Experience working with data in a healthcare setting
We know from research and experience that candidates may not apply if they don’t think they meet 100% of our requirements. If you don’t tick all the boxes but feel you would be a good fit, we would still love to hear from you. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture!
Just to let you know too, we will need you to have the Right To Work in the UK, and as we work closely with the NHS, if we get to the stage where we make you an offer to join us, we will also need to undertake a DBS check.We are perfect for each other, what are the next steps?
We are currently recruiting heavily and have a lot of CVs to go through. However, we don’t wait for roles to close before going through your CV. We will be in touch in a few days to let you know if we think we might be a match, and if we are not. Unfortunately, because we get so many CV’s we are not able to send a personalised reply if it’s not a match. However, if you want more details as to why, just drop us a note and we will arrange to get some feedback over to you.
If it’s a match, then we will arrange a time to talk to you on a quick 30 minute call. It’s just an informal chat so you can relax! We will tell you more about the role, the team and why you should want to join us.
If we continue, then we will invite you to meet some of the team, most likely virtually. Some our roles will also be subject to completing an assessment or a role related exercise.
We get there are a lot of great roles out there, so we will make sure to get through the rounds as quickly as possible. All we ask is you keep us up to date with your plans.I can’t wait to get started, what are the perks?
An awesome team and mission? Oh, you want more?
- Remote by default approach (within the UK with short term work from abroad considered) - Everyone at DrDoctor will work remotely most of the time with regular opportunities to socialise and engage at office spaces available in and outside of London
- Flexible working (we understand we all have family and personal commitments; you can work where you are at your best and at times when you are most productive)
- Part time working considered - let us know what you need and we’ll do our best to find the right balance for both parties
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays (with our own extra DrDoctor Bank Holidays thrown in for good measure!)
- 4 duvet days per year for those days that you just don’t fancy working
- A focus on Learning and Development, with a day aside once a month for the whole business to focus on it, plus access to unlimited courses through LinkedIn Learning and additional budget to spend on things to help you develop
- Mental health support through our partner OpenUp and our own in-house Mental Health First Aiders
- Drinks/other fun things sent to you in the post
- Cycle to work scheme
- A new office space in Southwark including a Multipurpose quiet room which can be used for activities such as Prayer, Meditation, or caring for your baby
- Enhanced parental leave (up to 16 weeks fully paid parental leave for anyone who brings a child into their home – whether this is via birth, adoption or surrogacy)
- Salary competitive and dependant on experience, we benchmark our salaries to accurately reflect the market at least once a year, and we benchmark all of our roles (regardless of where in the UK you live) based on London salaries.
- A focus on your career progression based on our progression framework, regular 6 months' pay reviews and mentoring opportunities
- EMI share options scheme!
As DrDoctor has grown, we are seeing more of our people wanting to socialise in different ways.
Whilst we know that some of us love to go to the pub, we want to make sure we are including a wide variety of activities and events for our teams to enjoy each other's company, we aim to continue creating an open space for anyone and everyone to suggest how they’d like to spend time with their teams.
We love a Summer and Christmas party and regular company/team socials and away days. In the past year or so, we have enjoyed picnics at a nearby farm, a water colouring session, board games evening and Crystal Maze! So far in 2023 we have held various events for celebrations such as Holi Festival, International Women’s Day and last year we celebrated our 10 year anniversary!
Salary banding for this role is: £54,000 - £80,000 - depending on level which will be determined throughout the process.