We are looking for a Project Manager - Energy to contribute to the following activities:
- Integrated technical management of key strategic projects of the ENOWA company with a focus on the energy portfolio of activities.
- Content development for Grid and Water projects in line with wider strategic objectives and deliverables
- Ensure the ENOWA projects are aligned with the Market Design Concept ensuring key assets and enablers are delivered including Short term and Medium Term priorities
- Drive consistent programme management activities with internal and external stakeholders for Energy projects including Technical Grid Design, Energy OS, flexibility and Generation EPC projects
- Provide technical input, where required, to unlock potential opportunities for ENOWA company
Key Accountabilities And Responsibilities
- Drive day-to-day project management of a CDP programme and coordinate dependencies between projects to ensure content accuracy and alignment on a project, program, and portfolio level.
- Interact and coordinate with the NEOM-wide project management activities particularly across grid transmission projects to enable the E&W company to deliver the required inputs on time, in quality and within budget.
- Serve as role model on organizational and project planning best practices, and guide colleagues on applying these practices within their teams.
- Support the efficient allocation of accountabilities and responsibilities at the project, program, portfolio and strategy levels to ensure delivery of the agreed targets.
- Own and deliver EPC projects in remits of Energy particularly Generation and wider Renewables projects
- Create and manage the respective projects from a content perspective and serve as an expert within other projects.
- Use knowledge experts within NEOM and externally to create specific project related content for internal and external stakeholder review
- Initiate and execute ideas to contribute towards wider ENOWA energy strategies
- Create integrated work planning modules taking in consideration cost, inter-departmental dependency and critical path analysis
- Enable alignment of content, people, targets, and activities within the E&W company through recurrent meetings on project, program, and portfolio level.
- Foster efficient alignment with internal and external stakeholders including other NEOM sectors, partners, customers, and government entities.
- Support strategy alignment and execution by ensuring projects are aligned with the sector’s and NEOM’s 2030 vision and annual strategic targets.
Processes, Tools, & Performance
- Contribute to the selection and the roll out of a project management tools (Software) to enable alignment and performance management on project, program, and portfolio level, to automate performance monitoring and to standardize reporting.
- Measure and monitor project performance against the agreed strategic, financial, and operational targets.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of project management processes that are adapted to the type of projects / initiatives of the ENOWA company to achieve the strategic objectives while minimizing administrative tasks for the project team.
- Experience of project/programme management within energy sector preferably within utilities and generation areas
- Knowledge of different workstreams within the Energy sector with particular focus on new business development
- Focus on developing knowledge base to transition into wider energy teams
- Strong collaboration skills based on a collaborative and open mindset; ability to build effective working relations with multiple stakeholders, across departments, with differing interests.
- Strong organization, prioritization and time management skills to monitor and handle multiple projects at the same, balance key priorities and meet challenging and changing deadlines.
- Strong analytical, structured thinking and problem-solving skills; thoroughness and ability to deliver quality output.
- Ownership and self-management capabilities - a high degree of ownership for tasks, the ability to work independently and to prioritize tasks in a highly dynamic environment.
- Good IT skills - knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project); knowledge of other project management software is a plus.
- Good verbal and written communication and excellent presentation skills
- Flexibility - willingness to relocate to the NEOM community in the northwest of Saudi Arabia
- Bachelor or master’s degree
- 7+ years’ relevant work experience in energy, with demonstrated project management experience and stakeholder management
- English fluency (orally and written)
- Arabic is a plus