Permanent role, ongoing progression encouraged with associated skill structure pay increases, regular overtime at enhanced rates, plus additional standard monthly bonuses paid each month.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Technician to join our growing friendly team, at Niftylift. The role is based at our state of the art manufacturing facility in Hoyland, Barnsley.
We offer competitive pay rates, excellent working conditions, 25 days holiday which increases with service, plus bank holidays, healthcare & benefits scheme, 5% contributory pension, death in service / life insurance, profit related bonus scheme and subsidised refreshments.
Niftylift Limited is one of the world’s leading privately owned designers and manufacturers of mobile elevated work platforms. Our customer base is global, with products sold and locally supported in over 40 different countries. This success is comprehensively supported by a team of over 500 full time people across our three UK centres of excellence / manufacturing sites in the UK. Please see our website: https://www.niftylift.com/uk/careers/vacancies
The Maintenance Technician Role requires hands on individual to maintain, enhance and sustain the standards pf all of the company's site facilities and general equipment. The primary objectives of the role are to ensure any facilities maintenance is carried out, plumbing, joinery, refurbishments, painting and cleaning as defined in the company standards.Responsibilities And Duties
Working Hours & Salary:
- Hands on building / civil engineering / groundwork’s, carpentry, gardening, plumbing, structural / mechanical, repairs / maintenance to site facilities and capital equipment. Flexibility and development of skills through all disciplines.
- Efficient and correct to specification planning of site installation, movements and maintenance requirements, including flexibility and ability to work additional hours to minimise disruption to site operations.
- Full compliance with health and safety standards, systems and requirements.
- Organisation, specifying, tendering and safe management of contractors performing installation and maintenance activities on site.
- Audit, plan and maintain decoration standards of all workshop and office facilities across the Hoyland site, including floor painting organisation and maintenance.
- Maintain allocated sections of the yard facilities.
- Operation of licensed forklift trucks, mobile elevated work platforms and tow tugs.
- Maintain a high standard of 5’ s workplace organisation.
- Continuous improvement / elimination of waste, through ‘Lean Manufacturing techniques / tools’.
- Working as part of a team to achieve daily tasks and targets to reduce breakdowns and make site improvements
- Ensuring company procedures are complied with at all times
- Workshop floor cleaning in designated area’s utilising mechanical floor cleaning equipment, detergents and maintaining the equipment to a high standard
- Carry out any emergency repairs to ensure the facility remains operational at all times
Day Shift -
Hours will be 07.30 - 16.30 Monday – Thursday & Friday 07:30 – 13.30
Some on call or out of hours working will be required.Pay & Benefits:
- Annual bonus (for indication only) based on recent average £500 per annum.
- 25 days holiday (increases with service, up to 30 days), plus bank holidays.
- Retail discounts
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised refreshments.
- Free quarterly company lunches
- Health cover scheme for dental, optical etc. (Additional Membership available for Partners, paid for by employee. Kids membership included for free)
- 5% contributory pension
- Life insurance scheme
- Apprentice trained plumber, joiner or any trades person related skills
- Previously worked in a maintenance “Handy Person” role
- Educated to a good standard of Maths and English, literacy is important for completing task sheets, signing in/ out contractors etc.
- Understanding of Health & Safety systems, Safe Systems of Work, RAMS etc.
- IPAF, Forklift trained and certified – desirable