Maintenance Engineer (Electrical)
Salary £35k basic + optional overtime
Your new company
My client is the world’s leading service specialist for the entire life cycle of a factory and the associated infrastructure. For 60 years now, they have been providing customers in the automotive and manufacturing industries with support along the entire factory life cycle: from planning, installation, and automation to operation of the factories and buildings.
Our client provides technical services for the automotive and manufacturing industries. The company, which is headquartered in Stuttgart, employs around 20,000 people worldwide. Our client deploys permanent teams in the facilities and plants of its customers but also has its own operations at more than 200 locations. It has received awards from its customers for the quality of its services and its occupational safety standards. Based in Coventry, you will be working to maintain site assets which support the automotive and manufacturing industries. The role has come about due to an expanding team and now is a great time to get involved with this ambitious and dynamic organisation.
Your new role
A permanent role you will be working full-time as Maintenance Engineer (with electrical bias) based on site in Coventry. To effectively maintain production equipment on a 2 and possibly 3 shift rotation if required.
Key Result Areas.
- Minimise Downtime.
- Maximise Machine capability
- Maintenance, repair & continuous improvement of production machinery, equipment & systems, including daily / weekly routine maintenance activities in combination with supporting continuous improvement activities
- Participation in the identification and procurement of consumables & machine spares,
- Accompany, assist and monitor service engineers, contractors and vendors as required
- Ensure efficient shift handovers to ensure machines and plant are safe & maintained at optimum operational condition .
- Multi - skilled role Electrical/Mechanical within a manufacturing/production environment or similar .
- Follow Company H&S Policies.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will have:
- Timed served apprenticeship or equivalent.
- PLC Fault Finding
- Siemens Software
- NVQ or Higher in Mechanical and electrical engineering
- 18th Edition electrical Installation
- ABB Robots
What you'll get in return
- Basic salary of £35k
- Company benefits
- Career progression opportunities
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.