Contribute to problem solving and analytical needs of the Strategy Planning Group (SPG), so as to be responsive to the strategy implementation phase.
Key Accountabilities & Activities
- Contribute to the development of the template for operationalizing strategic planning to maintain strategic alignment with vision and mission.
- Under the direction of the Manager, collaborate with Sectors and Regions to maintain and update as needed the integrity of actions and steps required to fulfill strategic objectives across Sectors, Regions and the Line.
- Provide strategic planning process support.
- Maintain databases associated with Strategy Planning functions.
- Megatrends and global forces
- Provide research that gathers insights on critical megatrends and global forces.
- Assess how megatrends will impact NEOM’s strategy.
- Provide strong analytical support that develops SPG as an internal consultant to NEOMs Sectors and Regions, and eventually positions NEOM as a knowledge center of the world
- Provide support to senior leadership in articulating clear messages that positions NEOM as an intellectual leader in the development of sustainable cities.
- Ensure capture of strategy, strategy planning, megatrends, strategy process and guidelines for strategy planning and the history of strategy development at NEOM for ready access.
- Interact closely with the Sr. Manager of the Administrative Infrastructure Group that manages knowledge and insights, databases and technology for sensitivity and modeling analyses.
- Develop transparent capabilities for other NEOM entities to leverage such knowledge
- Make database available for others to use.
- Provide analytical hand holding to Sectors and Regions as may be needed.
- Modeling & Sensitivity analysis
- Supports economic fact and data bases required for analytical purposes.
- Provide quantitative support in advanced modeling and sensitivity analysis.
- Research new and innovative measurements from international organizations applicable to city wealth creation in a sustainable fashion (e.g., alternatives to traditional GDP models, such as city livability indexes from OECD, World Bank, others)
- Participate in the production of reports on a quarterly basis that track changes in economic impact assessments taking into consideration global, regional and KSA economic changes to address, in particular, GDP contributions of NEOM.
Global Scanning & strategic positioning
- Conduct research to identify avenues for rapid innovation within NEOM, and learn from successes and failures from other cities.
- Actively participate in workshops and conferences to ensure connectivity with the latest thinking on smart city development, and knowledge on models of new city developments around the world.
- Build on the above to gain competitive intelligence for NEOM.
- Lend assistance and support to SPG’s leadership team on making similar representations.
Knowledge, Skills And Experience
- 3-5 years of experience in consulting and/or public sector.
- Strong ability to be a team player in a rapidly evolving organization.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Shows consistent ability to become a leader with the ability to communicate complex ideas effectively.
- A creative and flexible approach to dealing with workplace challenges in a setting of professionals and professionalism.
- Ability to serve as a thought partner to senior leadership.
- A Masters degree in a discipline related to Business, Economics or Finance, or Public Policy.