Job Title: Lead Quality Assurance Engineer
Term: 9 Month Fixed Term; 3 days a week (0.6 FTE)
Protium Green Solutions is a UK-focused green hydrogen energy company which supports clients to reach net zero emissions across their heat, power and mobility requirements. We are a fast-growing business, with some of the leading global voices in the emerging green hydrogen market on our team. Deeply passionate about addressing climate change and reducing greenhouse gas emissions, our focus on green hydrogen is driven by the desire to see the UK transition rapidly towards renewable resources.
The first pure-play hydrogen energy company in the UK, we offer a unique opportunity to learn about the possibilities and challenges of deploying green hydrogen solutions. You will work on some of the most innovative decarbonisation projects around, whilst contributing towards the country’s Net Zero emission goals. We offer regular contact time with senior management, as well as significant autonomy and authority to lead workstreams and own relationships with clients as well as suppliers.
This is the perfect opportunity for an ambitious candidate that is looking to stretch their knowledge and skills and accelerate their career path.
Protium are looking for a capable and experienced professional to lead the implementation of the ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management standard in 2023. They will be responsible for assessing our current business practices and developing and directing a plan to guide the company through to ISO 9001 certification. The role would report direct to the Chief Financial Officer and would need to be able to work autonomously and use initiative.
The business operates one of the first hydrogen production facilities in the UK as well as technical and business functions from several UK based offices. The post holder will be required to travel and work with all stakeholders on the implementation.
The role includes the following key responsibilities:
- Conduct an initial review of our company's existing business practices and identify areas that require improvement for compliance with ISO 9001:2015 standards.
- Develop and implement a project plan for the ISO 9001:2015 certification process, including timelines, project milestones, and deliverables.
- Provide training to management and employees on ISO 9001:2015 requirements, policies, and procedures.
- Provide support during ISO 9001:2015 certification audits.
- Deliver an ongoing management plan to enable the business to continue to develop and operate ISO 9001:2015
- Provide advice and support on Protium’s policies, processes and procedures to ensure the company is well placed to implement future ISO standards
Protium values candidates who are self-starters, willing to learn quickly and can contribute to part of an exciting company in a rapidly expanding industry. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced and challenging environment, as well as confident to put their ideas forward and challenge if required. The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum 5 years of experience of operating within an ISO 9001:2015 accredited business and with significant quality assurance experience
- Detailed analytical skills with the ability to evaluate, identify and implement process improvement
- Comprehensive understanding of ISO 9001:2015 quality management system requirements and certification audits.
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma would be an advantage as would being a continuous improvement specialist
- Experience of working within an engineering or production type business, particularly with an industrial gases company would be a distinct advantage
- The person should have experience of implementing organisational change and have the personality to fully embed improvements across the company