We are looking to hire a Project Engineer. This is a hybrid role based in the United Kingdom.
Your new company
Osprey is a great, British, logistics provider. Drawing on 25 years of in-house experience, our people find the right approach, the right combination of expertise and equipment, and the safest, most efficient way to transport and install their assets and critical infrastructure. We've shaped our business with family values, and we concentrate on building long-term relationships. We're independent. We may be the strongest UK company you've never heard of.
We transport and install the largest structures and critical assets needed to build and renew major infrastructure. Everything from a new 4,000te railway bridge, to the world's largest offshore windfarm blade - at 107m long. With a maritime, vessel-owning heritage to be proud of, we own our own heavy cargo barges; we have one of the largest domestic SPMT fleets in the UK and some of the heaviest lift cranes. We're committed to delivering on our promises. On time, on budget.
Your new role
The Project Engineer will report to the Engineering Manager and will be responsible for the production of technical solutions, design and engineering of heavy lifts, receiving transportation, load-out, marine transportation and load-ins.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience in engineering and transportation projects (using SPMT and modular conventional), barge load-outs and load-ins, jack and skid installations, hydraulic gantry installations and crane lifting projects.
The Project Engineer is accountable for:
- Acting as a point of contact for the customer.
- Using their expertise to devise smart engineering solutions for heavy lifting and transportation projects.
- Preparing and selecting both existing and renewed engineering statements.
- Developing drawings, calculations, visualisations, manuals, risk assessments and other key documents.
- Ensuring efficient execution that delivers the right results for the customer with particular focus on safety and quality.
- Ensuring high levels of document quality and document control throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Attending site visits to assess customer requirements along with attendance during operations to manage and motivate the team.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will have/be:
- A minimum 3 years' experience in a related field.
- Educated to degree level or above in Mechanical Engineering, Structural Engineering or Civil Engineering.
- A61 Appointed Person qualification.
- Proven knowledge and experience of MS Office and AutoCAD.
- Good level of English, both written and verbal.
- Valid UK driving licence.
- Knowledge of engineering best practice, SPMTs, gantry systems, jacking/skidding operations and related codes and standards.
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary, depending on experience, plus excellent benefits. The role offers an opportunity to join an organsiation committed to supporting its employees.
In addition to your basic salary, you will receive the following benefits:
- 25 days' annual leave, plus 8 bank holidays
- Enhanced employer pension contributions
- Private medical insurance
- Income protection insurance
- Performance-related pay scheme
- Flexible/hybrid working environment
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Support with your career development through our Success Management Process
Osprey is committed to being an inclusive employer and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.