Depop is the community-powered fashion marketplace to buy and sell unique fashion, with over 30 million registered users in more than 150 countries. Depop is a place for anyone to discover and celebrate their style on their own terms, and to feel good about their fashion choices by extending the lives of millions of garments.
The company was founded in 2011 and is headquartered in London with offices in Manchester and New York. Depop has approximately 400 employees dedicated to its mission of building the world’s most diverse progressive home of fashion, that’s kinder on the planet and kinder to people. In 2021, Depop became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Etsy - the global marketplace for unique and creative goods - and continues to operate as a standalone company.
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. Our mission is to build the world’s most diverse progressive home of fashion. To do this, we encourage people from underrepresented communities to apply. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We’re continuing to build recruitment processes that are fair and welcome requests for reasonable adjustments required throughout your interview experience with us. Depop supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.
At Depop, Machine Learning is integral to our growth.
We are looking for an MLOps engineer to help level-up how ML solutions are delivered at Depop.
As an MLOps engineer you will be responsible for enabling our data scientists - currently spread across four product functions - to deliver value by providing platforms and services for ML model + feature development, deployment and monitoring. Do you find joy in providing tooling, services and platforms that help businesses untap the enormous value of machine learning? If so, this could be the perfect match.
Want to find out more about Depop & our engineering team?
We write about technology, people and smart engineering right here
- Helping design and implement systems that can ensure continued improvements to deployments speed of data scientists
- Help to define, create and support the technical patterns data scientists use to deploy to production - including but not limited to: training/prototyping, feature management, model deployment, & model serving/endpoints - for real-time and batch implementations.
- Hold high standards for operational excellence; from running your own services to testing, monitoring, maintenance and reacting to production issues.
- Adding to a strong engineering culture, orientated on technical innovation, and professional development.
- Proven track record of successful end-to-end delivery of your projects; from scoping and translating business requirements into plans, to design, implementation and maintenance, whilst coordinating with other teams (and engineers).
- Experience with the core concepts of data science / ML workflows
- Experience working in a B2C product-based technical environment
- A strong sense of ownership, autonomy and a highly organised nature.
- Exemplary communication skills, especially in dealing with multiple stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of systems design within a modern cloud-based environment (AWS, GCP)
Technologies and Tools
- Data science / MLOps tooling: e.g. Sagemaker, Databricks, TFServing and more
- AWS - IAM, S3, redis, ECS and more
- Shell scripting and related tooling
- Good working understanding of continuous integration/deployment tools and practices
- Experience with streaming and/or batch-based systems supporting data integrations to third-party platforms (e.g. using Kafka, Airflow, RMQ, etc.)
Health + Mental Wellbeing
- Cash-plan or PMI - you have the choice of a healthcare plan that best suits you
- Subsidised counselling and coaching - we partner with Selfspace to provide you the opportunity for a good conversation with a qualified person
- Cycle to Work scheme - choose between Evans or the Green Commute Initiative to help access a bike for your commute
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) - have access to a confidential support network of expert advice 24/7
- Mental Health First Aiders - we have trained individuals across the business to offer support and signposting
- 25 days annual leave with the option to carryover up to 5 days
- 1 company-wide day off per quarter, for you to take some time for yourself and decompress
- 2 activism days per year for you to use for volunteering, demonstrations or internal initiatives
- We offer sabbaticals for our long serving employees.
We’re Flexa® accredited, meaning we offer genuinely flexible working;
- We'd love you to head to your nearest Depop office once a week, but feel free to work from home the rest of the week!
- Want to head into the office more? No problem, you can opt to be "Office-Based", with your very own desk.
- Do you do your best work from home? You can also request to be a remote worker, and only head into the office 4 times per year *role dependent
- In the office, we provide healthy snacks, tea and coffee and the occasional surprise treats!
- All of our offices are also dog-friendly! Do your best work with your best friend.
- Apply to work abroad 4 weeks of the year (in UK tax treaty countries)
- Maternity + Paternity Leave, plus adoption leave, IVF leave, shared parental leave + paid emergency parent/carer leave
Learn and Grow
- We offer a personal learning budget for every employee and also sponsor and run a myriad of programmes, conferences and meet-ups to upskill our employees and enhance their journey with us.
- Life Insurance (financial compensation of 3x your salary)
- Pension (Depop will match your contribution up to 6% of your qualifying earnings)
And finally, as a valued Depop employee We waive all of our employees’ fees when they sell on Depop and also ship your sold items anywhere in the UK for free using our team’s account