Job Description And Qualifications
Air Products has entered into an agreement with ACWA Power and NEOM (all 3 have equal ownership) for the development of a $5bl green hydrogen-based ammonia production facility sited in NEOM. This is based on renewable energy principles and the project will integrate over four gigawatts of renewable solar, wind and storage power. It will produce green ammonia for export to global markets. The project is scheduled to be onstream in 2025.REPORTS TO:
Executive Operation Director - PWEPosition Summary
Take part in the engineering review and design of wind power. Candidate should have enough expertise of both practical and theoretical in relation to Wind Power. Establish standardized maintenance and operation procedures. Actively engage in the start-up, performance test, commissioning, and pre-commissioning. practical experience with plant optimization and a solid technical foundation to offer the maintenance and operation team advice and recommendations. Candidate should be fully skilled about Wind Power HSE issues and other relevant legislation, especially addition to having strong technical skills. Candidate must adhere to national transmission company codes, guidelines, and protocols. Also, the ability to instruct and train a team of operation and maintenance personnel. He should have at least a level of leadership and be an effective communicator with all stakeholders, including EPC, O&M, PMT, etc.NATURE & SCOPE
The main functions of this position are:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES
- Develops and leads the implementation of wind power operation and maintenance systems.
- Contribute to build wind power organization, JTs, JDs, load distribution...etc.
- Participate and contribute to review engineering and design submittals considering all O&M inputs.
- Identify all O&M needs and requirement for wind power prior operation stage.
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION And/or QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Prepared detailed commissioning and start-up activities as per the project schedule.
- Organises and documents cold commissioning, hot commissioning, and energization procedures.
- Manages system start-up testing, performance testing, coordinates with off taker for grid compliance testing.
- Monitors progress and recordings of all the testing and test results, observes final testing and acceptance of equipment and compilation of all documentation and test certificates.
- Ensures all relevant as-built drawings, documents are marked up.
- Works closely with the vendor to schedule commissioning requirements.
- Manages documents for the delivery of plants to the O&M contractor.
- Supports the planning team in forecasting development and reporting.
- Developing detailed commissioning and start-up procedures for assigned electrical systems.
- Cooperate with Engineering team for input and draw from previous experience and knowledge when developing procedures.
- Review and comment on any construction activity .
- Participate with Commissioning Team in scheduled meetings, deadlines and ensuring the technical integrity of work carried out.
- Assist Construction & QC with inspection and punch lists of installation and vendor packages.
- Review and approve mechanical completion for systems and sub-systems packages.
- Manages the completion of walk-downs and punch lists of pre-handed over system/sub-systems
- Manages electrical vendor support during the commissioning phase for the assigned systems.
- Validates pre-Commissioning certification.
- Addresses engineering , design and Commissioning issues and get it resolved with EPC and PMT .
- Participate in functional testing of commissioned systems and lead operation Team.
- Insure the right and required handover documentations are reviewed and handed over properly
- Communicates clearly and concisely, both orally and written.
- Coordinates activities with other departments and staff as needed.
DESIRED EDUCATION And/or QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- A bachelor’s degree holder in Electrical Engineering.
- 10+ years’ experience in construction and/or commissioning and operation of utility-scale wind power plants with minimum size of 50 MW with Independent Power Producer.
SKILLS / TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AREAS:
- A bachelor’s degree holder in electrical Engineering, or Electrical engineering Diploma with 15 years field experience in Wind Energy.
- Strong business and technical skills.
- Experience in the following areas: Coordination of large sized EPC projects, health and safety regulations, grid codes, contract negotiation, project control scheduling, progress measurement, risk assessment, change management, estimating process and planning.
- Hands-on experience in the project management of solar projects.
- Superior interpersonal, team and communication skills as well as a focus on efficiency and effectiveness combined with a hands-on, can-do mentality.
- Strong ability to prioritize tasks in a highly dynamic environment.
- Ability to build effective working relations with multiple stakeholders, across departments, with differing interests both inside and outside the NGHC organization.
- Strong organization, prioritization, and time management skills to monitor and handle multiple tasks at the same time, balance key priorities and meet challenging and changing deadlines.
- High resilience, proactive problem-solving skills, and strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally with top management and external audiences.
- Support construction and commissioning activities on a 1.65 GW wind project in NEOM.
- Act as point of contact with joint venture partners / EPC contractor for technical matters prior to construction, during early works, construction and all the way until commissioning.
- Interface between internal stakeholders and joint venture partners to support permitting and compliance with land lease and regulatory requirement.
- Contribute in the identification and implementation of change initiatives, programs and projects in line with the organization’s standards.
Middle East, Egypt & TurkeyBusiness Sector / Division
Middle East, Egypt, Turkey (MEET)Country