Requisition ID: 265688
- Relocation Authorized: National - Camp
- Telework Type: Full-Time Office/Project
- Work Location: Trojena
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world's infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place. Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel is our values – ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants – integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.Project Description
TROJENA (The Mountains of NEOM) will be an iconic, world-class destination, blending natural and developed landscapes and will offer unique experiences for residents and visitors alike. Located in the northwest of Saudi Arabia in the region of Tabuk just 50km from the coast, TROJENA will be a destination like no other on earth. Based upon the principles of eco-tourism facilities will include a folded vertical village, a lake with water sports and event facilities, high altitude ski village, observatory, world leading health and wellbeing facilities and a nature reserve which will be home to unique wildlife, heritage sites and exploration opportunities.
With over 3,600 hotel, 2,200 homes, 9 iconic buildings and 100 world class indoor and outdoor experiences Trojena will become the ultimate mountain destination. Bechtel will provide a full range of project management services to support the delivery of this iconic destination.
We encourage you to watch this video which gives a glimpse at what we (you) are about to build! https://www.neom.com/en-us/regions/trojena.Summary Of Responsibilities
The Senior Construction Mechanical Engineer is the front end of Bechtel’s operations in Trojena, responsible for overseeing multiple contractors to construct, test and commission all electromechanical equipments whilst maintaining a positive health and safety working environment with the site team and proactively eliminating rework through an effective quality control program. The Senior Construction Mechanical Engineer reviews and approves all quality assurance and health and safety documentation and is then responsible for working with the contractor to implement these practices on the construction site. The Senior Construction Mechanical Engineer will be capable of independently working with the contractor whilst representing the client on site, he shall be competent to read, analyze and advise on interpreting design drawings and specifications and proactively identify conflicts between the disciplines. The Senior Construction Mechanical Engineer shall have experience in the design and construction of high-pressure utility pipelines, large scale pump stations and HVAC installations on Buildings.Essential Job Duties
Qualifications, Experience, Job Knowledge, And Skill Set Requirements
- Construction supervision of large-scale utility installations including pipelines, pump stations and HVAC installations through the whole project life cycle including the testing and commissioning process.
- Lead the discipline-based oversight of the Contractors’ site operations
- Manage the Contractors in respect of progress, performance and compliance and resolve technical, schedule and resource problems on site with the Contractors
- Coordinates with the Design Management team on technical issues requiring response from the designer
- Maintain Bechtel’s Zero Accident Philosophy, and ensure contractor’s compliance to the project ES&H plans, site security plan, traffic plans, emergency response plan, housekeeping, fire protection and jobsite work rules
- Reviews and provides comment on Contractor submitted temporary work designs to ensure they are constructable and suitable given any site constraints and considering other possible Contractor interface works
- Responsible for the implementation of procedures and processes within their work area to ensure they are completed as per approved quality plan, ITPs, RAMS, project procedures and the latest IFC drawings
- Reviews and comments on Contractor technical submittals, including drawings (design and shop), safe working paperwork and quality documentation
- Responsible for liaising with Contractors for how NCRs will be closed out prior to works progression and ensure any effect on program due to the NCR is documented
- Reviews and comments on all Material Approval Requests submitted by the Contractor to ensure they fully comply with project procedures and specifications
- Responsible for ensuring all works are being completed within any permit and / or license conditions
- Discusses with the Project Engineer on land requirements
- Reviews and answers project Requests for Information and Field Change Requests while liaising with the relevant parties to ensure suitable close out in a timely manner to not effect program
- Attends coordination and progress meetings with the Contractor
- Manages the onsite coordination between all stakeholders on site and ensures plans are in place to maintain the coordination
- Manages the collation of documentation required for work site handover
- Manages the coordination of all disciplines such as ES&H, Quality, Survey, etc. to sure all discipline’s activities are completed to meet the project requirements and not affect schedule
- Reports activities on site which will or are likely to lead to an increase in cost
- Manages Contractor scopes on site to ensure all works are in line with contractual arrangements
Shaping tomorrow together
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree in relevant Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 15 years of professional experience
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in construction of large-scale industrial / Infrastructure projects either in direct construction or construction management role
- Proven experience and thorough knowledge in construction of large-scale projects
- Thorough understanding of electromechanical works including mechanical piping works, pump stations, Valves, Lift stations, HVAC installations and BMS, is required including testing and commissioning.
- Experience in construction of high grade, architecturally complex public buildings
- Commercially aware with a good understanding of FIDIC based contracts is preferred
- Experience of performance management of contractors in relation to progress, quality and compliance
- Thorough knowledge of international standards and specification and codes as applicable (such as International Building Code, Saudi Building Code), including various safety procedures and practices associated with construction site works
- Knowledge and experience in the implementation of ES&H and quality management systems
- Experience in KSA / Middle east / GCC is preferred
- Must be able to demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills to maintain a positive work environment between all parties including the client, contractors, and other stakeholders throughout the project life cycle
- Self-motivated individual with ability to work independently and exercise professional judgment, with a passion to take ownership of projects and provide sound technical leadership to contractor’s staff and field engineers
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In accordance with the laws of Saudi Arabia, Bechtel has adopted mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols for all work locations in the country. These requirements may include vaccination and testing. Any and all offers of employment with Bechtel in Saudi Arabia are expressly conditioned upon the applicant’s willingness and ability to comply with all COVID-19 related safety laws and Bechtel protocols in place at the time of a candidate’s start date. A candidate’s failure or refusal to comply with such laws and protocols renders an issued offer null and void.
This requirement cannot be waived by a recruiter, manager, or supervisor. Your submission of an application for employment with Bechtel in Saudi Arabia constitutes your understanding and acknowledgment of this express condition.