Job Description and Qualifications
Lifting Supervisor HIDC
Site Construction Manager
NEOMIi. Position Summary
This position is based at the NEOM Green Hydrogen Site, working a 8 x 2-week, rotational assignment.
The incumbent is responsible for supporting the implementation of the Air Products Standard 28-4WCE600500 Cranes and Lifting and ALL national requirements. The incumbent will work closely with the Site Lifting Superintendent to ensure the safe execution of all lifting activities.
The incumbent is expected to have good knowledge of HSE throughout all phases of Construction and Commissioning. The ability to develop robust working relationships with the construction team to allow an opportunity for coaching of the Lifting standard(s) is crucial.III, NATURE AND SCOPE
Iv. Principal Accountabilities
- Description: Green Hydrogen GH2 Element of NEOM Green Hydrogen Project is a processing facility that will extract hydrogen and ultimately produce green ammonia.
- Project Location: NEOM Green Hydrogen, Northwest Saudi Arabia, near Tabuk city.
This position is accountable for the following:
V. Minimum Requirements And Qualifications
- The successful execution of all lifting operations on the site. These operations will include significant lifts of equipment as part of the routine construction and day to day lifting of minor loads.
- Specific tasks will include
- Supporting the AP Lifting Superintendent with lift planning and execution either with the General Contractors (GCs) / EPC’s or with a sub-contracted heavy lift contractor
- Completion of Appendix A & B lift forms
- Provide coaching and guidance to GC’s & EPC’s for the installation of rigging tackle to move loads
- Ensuring that lifting plans, risk assessments and method statements for the work are reviewed and approved to ensure compliance with the relevant International, KSA and AP specifications and requirements. Ensuring that such reviews are performed by suitably qualified personnel.
- Ensuring that all lifts are reviewed, approved and controlled by appropriately qualified personnel and that these personnel are identified in an appropriate way as responsible.
- Support the trade tests to assure competence of all Lifting, Rigging and Crane Operators
- Daily inspection of the lifting equipment along with the Contractor’s Lifting Superintendent
- Physically examine loose lifting equipment to be used at the job site, prior to any Appendix A or B lifts.
- Inspect and certify heavy mobile plant.
- Ensure ALL equipment across the Site location(s) are colour coded
- Undertake lifting audits to assure FULL compliance with ALL applicable lifting & rigging regulations within Country
- Ensuring all works, early-works and construction work practices are reviewed, and monitored for lifting implications as necessary
- Support incident / accident investigations in line with the established site procedures for same and ensuring accurate content and corrective action follow up
- Demonstrating a strong leadership commitment throughout the project
- Actively participating in and leading safety promotion events, competitions, established programs
- Play an active role on the EH&S Leadership Team
- Leading and participating in meetings involving EH&S problems/incidents.
- Maintaining a strong and effective professional working relationship with the Site Team, Client, interfacing EPC’s, sub-contractors, and other stakeholders.
- Support the implementation of the EH&S incentive program
- Give input to ensure the accurate completion of the relevant section of the weekly report
- Support the implementation and ongoing development of Air Products safety program elements, APT (Accident Predictive Technique) SOS, (Safety Outreach System) Safety License, Incentives, Best Known Methods (BKM)
- Appropriate International qualifications in lifting (LOLER / OSHA), lifting supervision and qualifications to act as the Authorised Person to supervise heavy lifting operations. Qualifications to be acceptable in KSA
- ~08 years’ experience on international mega-Projects working as a Lifting Supervisor
- Good lifting experience of large multi discipline sites during construction and commissioning phases
- Safety certificates in OSHA and IOSH for short safety or environmental courses
- Organised, disciplined, able to perform under pressure and manage multiple priorities and parallel tasks
- Internationally recognised (IOSH / OSHA / Government Sponsored) short safety or environmental courses
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Being a good team player, good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a multifaceted / multinational organizational matrix with a variety of working relationships
- Willingness to travel and be based in remote location
VI. ORGANIZATION CHART
- Knowledge and experience of oil & gas, or renewables projects
- Knowledge and experience of EPC management
- Possess driving licence
Reports to EHS Manager / Superintendent
JD ATTACHEDReq No.
Fixed Term (agency) - Full TimeOrganization
Global Engrg Mfg Technology & EquipmentBusiness Sector / Division
Middle East, Egypt, Turkey (MEET)Country