Senior Manager Project Risk
Director Enterprise Risk
Risk Managers and/or Risk Professionals
Department / Sector / Region
Governance Risk Compliance
Enterprise Risk Management
Support the Director Enterprise Risk in delivering risk management leadership across NEOM and provide technical assistance on all risk management activities.
Key Accountabilities & Activities
Planning, Strategy, Implementation and continuous monitoring/ improvement
- Ensure implementation / maintenance of an eﬀective and integrated system of NEOM’s Capital Project Risk Management strategy: plan, processes, procedures, work instructions, etc. in line with Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Framework, international best practice, and standards so it delivers tangible outputs to:
- identify, assess and monitor/report on key interface risks; and
- increase the confidence that NEOM’s projects and corporate objectives will be achieved.
- Develop and deliver appropriate risk reporting for different projects/ERM audiences/stakeholders (including the Board, Executive Risk Committee and region, sector, DOS, and department heads).
- Establish and help manage Bottom- Up projects risk appetite in line with NEOM’s risk appetite - specify supporting RAS and KRI’s.
- Deliver an integrated approach to project risk management which complements other “2nd line of management” activities and functions.
- Assist in the development and planning of ERM activities, procurement, budget, and resources.
- Continuous improvement of the ERM / PRM Framework - help identify and share best practices.
- Ensure projects performance and quality on:
- Risk (Threats & Opportunities) statistics, monitoring and reporting on Risk Management system eﬀectiveness at both Portfolio and Program level.
- Implementation of the Risk function across NEOM Projects.
- Risk (Threats & Opportunities) workshops across the Portfolio as requested by the Project Controls Director.
- “NEOM Only” risk workshops and advise on schedule/cost risk analysis.
- Consolidation of risks from Project level to Program & Portfolio level for overall review & reporting. Reported Risk Metrics and graphical displays including dashboards to NEOM Project Management.
- Key point of accountability to manage relationships and services provided by the Risk function to a specific portfolio of regions, sectors, DOS, Departments, JV’s, Projects.
- Work with “Risk Owners” to help them analyze NEOM’s key risks and prepare risk self-assessments, including evaluation of controls/ gaps and creation of treatment strategies/ action plans.
- Coordinate and cultivate the network of “GRC Leads” to enhance NEOM-wide risk management awareness and activities.
- Support/ education/ training to build a strong performance/ risk culture across NEOM including assistance to the business to help identify, evaluate, understand, manage, and communicate risks.
- Liaise closely with Internal Audit in the development of a risk-based audit program.
- Ensure appropriate visibility of all types of risks across NEOM projects (interface risks between stakeholders) and as a result assist executives, managers and staff achieve their and NEOM’s objectives and identifies and manages emerging risks in a timely manner.
Background, Skills & Qualifications
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 15 years proven experience in risk management with 5+ years developing/operating a project process and/or in a broad risk management/strategic consulting role.
- Experience with holistic approach of risk management on ERM, Portfolio and/or Program level.
- Experience and knowledge of all discipline’s risks during all Project stages from feasibility till handover to operation e.g., procurement/contractual, QHSE, reputational Risks, etc. Strategic/enterprise wide/collaborative (rather than compliance) mindset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to “win hearts and minds” and communicate complex issues in a simple way to management, executives and the Audit Committee and Board.
- “Master facilitator” - able to organize, run and deliver quality output from risk workshops.
- Ability to work independently in a continuously changing environment; and meet tight deadlines. Detailed/ results oriented. Problem solving/critical thinking.
- Experience with risk quantification (to check validity of business plans/ key assumptions e.g., scenario planning/Monte Carlo simulation).
- NEOM sector/industry experience (e.g., Capital Projects, Technology, Energy, Leisure).
- Experience using/implementing Project/Corporate Objectives/Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) software/ dashboards.
- Advanced Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, document recording/ retention. SAP knowledge an advantage.
- Excellent English language communication skills and exceptional report writing skills.
- Masters’ Degree in Risk Management, Engineering, Construction or Management (preferred) Bachelors’ Degree in Risk Management, Engineering, Construction or Management (minimum) Knowledge of International Risk Standards e.g., ISO31000, PMBok, COSO, etc. and associated standards e.g. ISO 9001, ISO45001, ISO14000, etc.
COMMUNICATION - MAIN STAKEHOLDERS
- Head of Projects, Programs, Portfolios, Enterprise Project Controls, Sectors, Regions, DOS, Departments, JV’s
- Finance, IT, HR, Legal, GRC, Data Privacy, Resilience, CISO, QHSE, Workers Welfare, and IA etc.
- Advisors and Consultants
- Consultants, suppliers, vendors, and service providers
- Regulatory bodies and government agencies
Alfa Falconi (Director Enterprise Risk Management)
Date: 09 March 2023
First Review by
Michael Robertson (Senior Manager Project Risk Management)
Date: 09 March 2023
Second Review by
Chief GRC Officer