Requisition ID: 267819
- Relocation Authorized: National - Single
- Telework Type: Full-Time Office/Project
- Work Location: Trojena
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world's infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place. Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel is our values – ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants – integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.Project Description
TROJENA (The Mountains of NEOM) will be an iconic, world-class destination, blending natural and developed landscapes and will offer unique experiences for residents and visitors alike. Located in the northwest of Saudi Arabia in the region of Tabuk just 50km from the coast, TROJENA will be a destination like no other on earth. Based upon the principles of eco-tourism facilities will include a folded vertical village, a lake with water sports and event facilities, high altitude ski village, observatory, world leading health and wellbeing facilities and a nature reserve which will be home to unique wildlife, heritage sites and exploration opportunities.
With over 3,600 hotel, 2,200 homes, 9 iconic buildings and 100 world class indoor and outdoor experiences Trojena will become the ultimate mountain destination. Bechtel will provide a full range of project management services to support the delivery of this iconic destination.
We encourage you to watch this video which gives a glimpse at what we (you) are about to build! https://www.neom.com/en-us/regions/trojenaSummary Of Responsibilities
The Construction Engineer – FE Civil Structural is at the front-line of Bechtel’s project field operations on The Trojena Project responsible for work completion of major primary steel structures, overseeing a single Contractor complete the design, construction, testing, and commissioning. Performs construction/engineering assignments of a varied nature requiring a full working knowledge of construction engineering practices and the exercise of professional judgment within the framework of broad guidelines provided by superiors. The Construction Engineer reviews all quality assurance and health & safety documentation, and construction method statements and is then responsible for working with the Contractor to implement these practices on the construction site. The Construction Engineer will be capable of independently working with the Contractor whilst representing the Client on site, he or she shall be competent to read, assess and advise on interpreting design drawings and specifications, reviewing construction method statements, and proactively identify conflicts and critical interfaces between the disciplines.Essential Job Duties
- Responsible for construction oversight and compliance of steel installer contractors, ensuring works are carried out as per the drawings, specifications and standards, as per schedule and ensures compliance to ES&H plans, quality standards and local/national regulatory safety code
- Responsible of the site supervision of works involved in foundation works and superstructure installation
- Assists construction supervision in planning construction methods and procedures.
- Coordinates engineering or construction problems with Senior Construction Engineer and/ or Construction Manager.
- Identifies construction quality, safety and schedule issues and makes the responsible Construction Manager aware of said issues.
- Monitors site activities to ensure works are performed in a safe and compliant manner.
- Interprets design engineering drawings and ensure contractor’s compliance to construction issued drawings, including:
Ø Temporary construction facilities.
Ø Field sketches of revisions and additions and preparing "as built" drawings.
Ø Reviews design drawings, study Interference problems and reviewing related vendor drawings and installation instructions.
Qualifications, Experience, Job Knowledge, And Skill Set Requirements
- Review estimating quantities and material takeoffs of the field purchases of materials submitted by the contractor and report discrepancies to his supervisor.
- Coordinating interior design materials selection with involved stakeholders.
- Ensure interior works installation in compliance with design and client approval.
- Assists in coordination of vendor material deliveries, storage of materials, expediting and engineering reports related to the schedule.
- Review and stay on top of field change notices, extra work orders and back charge notices.
- Attend daily/ weekly coordination and progress meetings with the Contractor.
- Collaborates and compiles daily reports for submission to the Senior Construction Engineer - Construction Manager.
- Review of Method Statements and safety submittals for the seek of Safe Systems of Work procedures.
- Assists Senior Construction Engineer with interface and stakeholder management.
- Maintain a zero-accident policy on site with the contractor through regular participation in the clients' health and safety programs and undertaking regular health and safety audits on site.
- Monitors installation of materials and equipment to assure conformance with drawings and specifications.
Shaping tomorrow together
- A recognized bachelor’s degree in Civil / Structural Engineering coupled with minimum 5 years’ work experience leading to a basic understanding of the technical knowledge described above.
- Knowledge of a Structural Steel design, contracts administration and/or cost and scheduling relating to the construction of large-scale infrastructure projects.
- Thorough knowledge of steel construction requirements and codes of practice
- Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
- Awareness of environmental compliance laws and requirements.
- Awareness of government compliance standards.
- Familiarity with current industry quality standards
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In accordance with the laws of Saudi Arabia, Bechtel has adopted mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols for all work locations in the country. These requirements may include vaccination and testing. Any and all offers of employment with Bechtel in Saudi Arabia are expressly conditioned upon the applicant’s willingness and ability to comply with all COVID-19 related safety laws and Bechtel protocols in place at the time of a candidate’s start date. A candidate’s failure or refusal to comply with such laws and protocols renders an issued offer null and void.
This requirement cannot be waived by a recruiter, manager, or supervisor. Your submission of an application for employment with Bechtel in Saudi Arabia constitutes your understanding and acknowledgment of this express condition.