Senior Manager, Soft Services
Director, Soft Services
The purpose of the Senior Manager, Soft Services role is to organize, direct and control the operations of the NEOM Community Services’ Soft services. The role’s primary objective is to ensure all contract scopes and KPIs are implemented, managed and maintain to ensure high quality standards and service levels are maintained within Housekeeping, Laundry and Janitorial services in numerous sites at NEOM.
Key Accountabilities & Activities
- Develop and implement a soft services strategy that reflects the advanced ideologies of NEOM by delivering exceptional quality output using traditional, advanced, and futuristic methods of application.
- Lead and direct the various service provider/s contractually appointed to undertake various roles within the soft services realm.
- Administer the supply of housekeeping services in residential accommodation to meet individual occupant needs.
- Administer the supply of janitorial services to non-residential facilities including office and other public facilities.
- Administer the supply of laundry services to both commercial and domestic clients.
- Contract management and oversight of the various service provider/s ensure compliancy against expectations, known industry standard and best practice.
- Implement regular periodic audits and inspections including through technology minimizing the need for large numbers of personnel.
Planning and Strategy
- Contribute to the overall implementation of the NEOM Community Services strategy, objectives, and goals on improved livability.
- Develop contractual strategies and/or future framework agreements for new service providers to support efficiencies and scalability.
- Develop, implement, and update Soft Services operational plans and oversee their implementation to improve performance of services provider.
- Work closely with senior leaders in the development of scopes and KPIs relating to the soft services departments, specifically Laundry, Housekeeping and Janitorial services.
- Mentor, manage and support the day to contractual obligations of each soft service division in a manner that achieves fully the expectations NEOM from its Soft Service providers.
- Develop and implement improvement strategies to ensure continued progression in all service deliveries and areas related to soft services.
- Show awareness of innovative ways to deliver expertise and technical services, systems, and outcomes in support of NEOM’s overall future company vision as a world leader in all fields.
- Provide Community Services Management Personnel and NEOM Operations Executive Management with periodic status updates and appropriate reports as required
- Develop guidelines and enhance the performance of all staff and mangers within each Soft Service Division
- Take responsibility and accountability in maintaining a high-performance among all teams of professional and technical staff.
- Participate in setting performance goals and daily requirements across all areas of the soft services departments.
- Set performance objectives, provide necessary support, conduct evaluation, and appraise performance.
- Evaluate all KPIs ongoing and collate the necessary support and report documents pertaining to the outcomes of these key areas.
- Promote a high-performance working environment that embraces NEOM’s image and values.
- Produce High level weekly reports with stats, key notes and overviews of all soft services department that represents the performance in each area. .
- Develop SOPs that deliver high levels of constant services in line with the contractual obligations of all service providers.
- Proofread and redline all SOPs, Manuals and Job Scopes to ensure all aspects of the services are aligned with best practices. Review all when required.
- Implement all best practices, standards and perform gap analysis on all services.
- Continuously log and monitor all observations of non-conformance in each work scope and service.
- Introduce control measures to ensure all service divisions are monitored, managed, and maintained by the service provider. These should be in the form of low-level checklist and reports and high-level systematic controls or system-based solutions.
Background, Skills & Qualifications
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- 10 years minimum in same role or similar management position.
- Experience working with multicultural and diverse multi language workforce.
- Proven track record of excellent customer services and service delivery
- Demonstrates maturity and excellence in communication, ability to build effective teams, effective interpersonal communication, and the ability to initiate and model positive change.
- Experience in operating multi- projects in separate locations.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in PnL, High level reporting and use if system, based technology such as SAP, Oracle and similar.
- Degree in Business, Hospitality Management, Estates Management or similar.
- Higher level management qualifications.
- Relevant certificates in Safety, operations, and project management.
COMMUNICATION - MAIN STAKEHOLDERS
- Executive Director, Community Services
- Operations Team.
- Executive Director Ops/CS
- External Partners.
- Service Providers.
First Review by
Second Review by