A growing, specialist sustainability consultancy is seeking a Senior Climate Risk Modeller to be based in their central London office.
Working closely with the Founder, CTO and modelling team you will lead the assessment of their current models and generation of new climate modelling products. The aim is to create new and market leading climate scenario analysis for a wide range of industry clients, helping to analyse their climate transition risks, highlight the opportunities improved sustainability can bring and provide actionable insight to support strategy creation.Duties Will Include
- Review the current modelling, deliver and design frameworks for both transition risk and physical models.
- Assess and interpret existing client climate models.
Analyse and create insights on the economic and social impacts, plus their financial implications for individual businesses, rather than portfolios or asset classes.
Candidates MUST Have
- Explore new datasets for climate transition risks, interpret their underlying assumptions and identify ways to leverage the data to quantify potential implications.???
- Educate and advise internal and external stakeholders on climate risk, breaking down complex risk modelling developments into easily understandable and actionable insights.
- Remain current on climate risk and decarbonisation trends.
- Proven track record in climate risk assessment and scenario analysis.
- Good experience of climate-related transition risks and climate scenarios (e.g. Representative Concentration Pathways (RCPs), Shared Socioeconomic Pathways (SSPs), Network for Greening the Financial System (NGFS).
- Ability to translate modelling results into practical commercial outcomes.
- Proficiency in various modelling languages.
- Exceptional data science, statistics and analysis skills.
- Ability to research, analyse, document, and present data in a concise and comprehensive manner.
- Experience with data visualisation tools such as Power BI and Tableau.
- Experience in developing/maintaining databases.
- Experience with green taxonomies, such as the EU Taxonomy, and other regulatory frameworks such as TCFD, CDP, ISSB, GRI.
You will join a sociable company that offers hybrid working, great training, significant career progression and is looking to deliver a unique and first class service. The successful candidate will receive a basic of between £80,000 - £140,000 based on your skills, good bonus, pension and private medical.
Key Words: Representative Concentration Pathways (RCPs), Shared Socioeconomic Pathways (SSPs), Network for Greening the Financial System (NGFS), Climate model, climate modelling, climate risk modelling, climate transition risk, physical risks, sustainability, TCFD, data science, data scientist, statistics, insights, climate scenario analysis, London, modeller, data analysis.