If you have a passion for environment to drive positive action towards Net Zero ... this role offers a fantastic opportunity in doing so.
The Sustainability & Regulatory Affairs (SRA) function sits within the Flutter Group, with the key objectives of developing, evolving, and executing an industry leading Positive Impact Plan (PIP), and getting the Group strategies and roadmaps for Safer Gambling, Environment, and Community – and for influencing the strategic direction of the Group’s four Divisions (US, AUS, UK&I, and International) as it relates to the PIP. The SRA is responsible for establishing the necessary governance, policies targets, tools and standards to ensure our ESG (risk and compliance), regulatory, and safe gambling matters are managed in a robust and agile manner.
Reporting with the Global Head of Environment and Sustainable Supply, the Environment Analyst (EA) will play an integral role in supporting the development of a robust Green House Gas (GHG) Inventory, ensuring we maintain on track to meet our Science-Based Targets. The EA will support the Senior Environment Analyst in collating, analysing, aggregating, and validating environment data from across all divisions to support the defining (and continual refining) of net zero strategy. The role will support with identifying potential metrics to measure progress against the strategy, establishing processes to support the ongoing data management/reporting, and support divisions/ brands to devise and implement their environment reduction action plans.
Accountabilities: Work with the Group Head of Environment & Sustainable Supply and the Senior Environment Analyst to;
- Help ensure accurate and effective environmental data capture and reporting across the Flutter Group.
- Support effective data management and strategic decision making by maintaining databases, developing data management protocols, creating reports and presentations, and staying abreast of new tools and innovations
- Help shape and embed Flutter’s Net Zero strategies, including the identification and establishment of effective metrics
- Provide data insights and that help to effectively manage environment risk and opportunities across our estate and supply chain.
- Liaise with and maintain relationships with strategy and data owners across the Flutter Group and support teams across the business to set up reporting processes.
- Collect, maintain and analyse qualitative and quantitative data for internal and external Environmental reporting. This includes developing and maintaining reporting to third party reporting standards and frameworks (e.g. GRI, SASB, CDP and TCFD etc)
- Support horizon scanning, industry benchmarking and researching the latest trends and Regulatory matters relating to the environment supporting the wider Regulatory team
- Support the submissions to key environmental disclosures
- Assisting the team with completing ad hoc insight and data requests for the business and from external stakeholders
- Graduate level up to 3 years’ experience as an analyst, with aptitude for data management, reporting and visualisation
- Background (BSC, MSC or previous experience) in Sustainability, Environment, Supply Chain Management (or Equivalent) desirable, with a passion for driving sustainable change in business
- Knowledge of the betting & gaming industry and an understanding of Environmental matters is a plus but not essential
- Familiarity with the UN Sustainable Development Goals, United Nations Global Compact, and other relevant business sustainability and corporate responsibility Regulations, Standards, and reporting frameworks is an advantage
- Qualifications in data science and/or sustainability
- Strong skills in MS Excel and/or other data visualisation tools (e.g. Tableau, PowerBi)
- Appetite to learn new technologies and a willingness to challenge and think differently
- Strong analytical, quantitative and research skills and an ability to clearly communicate to non-technical audiences
- Ability to work with large data sets and to synthesise information, provide critical analysis and draw meaningful conclusions
- Ability to work with others and work with a high degree of autonomy
- Comfortable navigating change and uncertainty
- Ability to work effectively across Divisions and Group functions, under own initiative
- Creative thinker, able to find solutions to complex problems and demonstrate commercial awareness, understand the bigger picture
- Ability to meet deadlines and business demands
Who are we?
We’re leading betting and gaming into the future by offering some of the most innovative brands in our industry and using the Flutter Edge. For us, it’s all about bringing entertainment to life for millions of customers in a safe, responsible and sustainable way.
Our global scale means we can continue to invest to support our strategy and maintain our gold medal positions across local markets.
Flutter operates a range of global brands, including FanDuel, Sky Betting & Gaming, Sportsbet, PokerStars, Paddy Power, Sisal, tombola, Betfair, FOX Bet, TVG, Junglee Games and Adjarabet
We’re working to be an inclusive employer, and we encourage people from all backgrounds, ways of thinking and working to apply. Everyone brings different perspectives and experiences; you don't have to meet all the requirements listed to apply for this role.
If you need any adjustments to make this role work for you let us know, and we’ll see how we can accommodate them.