We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
In today’s world it’s important to work for a company that has clear purpose, giving back to communities and supporting what is truly important in the world.
When considering a career move its vital to work for a business that is aligned to your values and goals, a place where you can belong. See what WSP stands for in 2023 and beyond…
To find out more about our business click on the following link and discover what awaits you at WSP: https://www.wsp.com/en-gb/what-we-do
The Wood Group Environment & Infrastructure (E&I) business is now part of WSP following its recent acquisition.
Your new role, what's involved?
We are a multidisciplinary environmental and engineering company and includes one of the UK’s largest planning and EIA practices. We provide a range of planning and environmental assessment services to public and private sector clients and have a proven track record in securing consents for some of the largest and most complex major development projects in the UK.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior/Principal Consultant to join our successful and growing Environment and Consents nationwide team. This post represents a challenging and exciting opportunity to manage and deliver planning and environmental inputs to a range of projects for a wide client base. This includes projects to be consented under the Town and Country Planning Act regime, the Planning Act 2008 and the Electricity Act 1989 in sectors such as low carbon and hydrogen, energy generation and transmission, minerals, waste and transport. Our projects are varied in nature and at the leading edge of professional practice, so this is a great opportunity to use your experience to develop your career and help guide and shape our continued growth.
We’re looking for individuals who are passionate about delivering effective planning and environmental advice and positively influencing the performance of major development projects.
This role can be based in either Bristol, Shrewsbury or London with hybrid and remote working options available.
The role will involve:
- Providing clients with the appropriate technical and consenting advice in relation to major projects and nationally significant infrastructure projects
- Working as part of multidisciplinary teams to deliver inputs across project lifecycles from early strategy development, through feasibility/optioneering to detailed design and assessment
- Managing projects and maintaining budgets to deliver high quality outputs to meet both internal and client requirements
- Interface with the wider project stakeholders including the client’s engineering team, consultation leads, lawyers etc
- Representing WSP and its clients to key stakeholders, regulators and industry as required
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of delivering consents/EIAs for major developments in the UK
- A good understanding of Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects and the DCO process
- Excellent reporting and communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team, to deliver carefully considered solutions to produce high quality work
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders, clients, suppliers, and industry
- A degree (or equivalent) in Town Planning or relevant environmental discipline
- Membership of the RTPI or Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA)
- Significant experience in the UK, ideally including time in the private sector
- A full driving licence
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. As a Disability Confident leader, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria, please let us know if you require any workplace adjustments in support of your application.
Please note WSP reserves the right to close the vacancy before the advertised closing date.