JOB DESCRIPTION: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Full time / permanent
Lead business development manager
Opportunity identification and proposal development across YES
Office based (with occasional travel to Client sites)
G3, 5% pension, 23 days holiday, childcare vouchers, 37 hours per week
The role of business development manager is crucial to the sustainable success of YES Energy Solutions. The role will involve winning new work as well as retaining and expanding existing contracts with a diverse range of clients. In collaboration with the lead business development manager, you will be responsible for submitting compelling and complete proposals to existing or prospective clients, on time and within budget, which delivers a sustainable income to YES. You will ensure all the client's questions have been answered as fully as possible and YES has given itself the best possible chance of success, with cross team communication through the development.
Under the direction of the lead business development manager, you will either manage all aspects of an individual proposal conception and development, or support specific elements of the process. This includes identifying opportunities through portal review, data analysis and stakeholder engagement. You will have strong communication and written English skills and excellent attention to detail, enabling you to clearly articulate how the client needs can be met by YES. You will work closely within a core team as well as other colleagues across the businesses, bringing in subject matter experts as required.
You will engage with clients throughout the proposal development process and liaise with others – such as contractors, manufacturers and other contributors – to produce all the elements for a successful proposal. Your approach will be through robust records management and development of credible market appropriate pricing elements. You will be able to react quickly to changing circumstances and client requirements, while also motivating other YES members to contribute high quality and timely elements to the production of successful submissions.
You will support the lead business development manager in handing over secured projects to relevant YES teams, covering all elements of the delivery approach and reporting requirements. You will embed learning from unsuccessful bids into future projects and across the wider team, and beyond, as appropriate.
Stakeholder engagement, relationship building and networking are also key requirements of the role, and you will spend time sourcing and attending relevant events to ensure YES is well represented, identifying new business opportunities, funding streams and potential partners. You may also be required to use your strong presenting skills to sell the YES offer at public events and forums.
This role expands YES’ capabilities in business development to meet challenging sustainable growth targets, key to YES’ future diversification on sustainable income streams.
You will be extremely well organised and learn quickly, while able to manage competing priorities. You will be a motivated individual, able to initiate and balance competing priorities through robust planning of work while also able to really enjoy your working day. With a high attention to detail you will be able to work with minimal day to day supervision but know when to ask for help.
· Work under the direction and guidance of the lead business development manager.
· Work with other parties to get timely and quality outputs.
· Work collaboratively with clients and colleagues alike; comfortable liaising at all levels.
· Professional personable approach and manner, building respect across the wider business.
· Skilled project manager and experienced in proposal development through wide practical experience.
· Supporting the YES bid function across the full life-cycle of the bid through to interview stage.
· Ensure standard materials (e.g. exemplar bids, evidence, testimonials, CVs, governance details) are regularly updated and available to reduce time and increase quality and consistency of submissions.
· Office based with some Client and site visits throughout the development of the bid and any subsequent contract negotiations, you will represent YES as a credible and knowledgeable provider.
· Able to combine the best from your and other’s contributions, through strong and compelling written skills, to present strong ideas and approaches in documents and presentations.
· You need to deal with complex business relationships and manage multiple information providers to deliver a strong, winning proposal to any prospective client.
· Strong time management skills and the flexibility to meet deadlines are key attributes.
· You will be required to manage the development and delivery of bids, so able to get the best out of others, influencing and team working will be key skills.
· Reinforce proposals through the use of robust and compelling data analysis from internal and external third-party sources as well as research and prior delivery.
· Managing, reviewing and re-writing bid deliverables, providing a pre-submission control point to ensure quality and consistency of product and drafting of proposal submission to ensure delivery of a coherent document communicating the win strategy and monitor progress of submissions.
· You will always be expected to comply to client, contract and the company’s stated policies relating to customer service and equality for all customers and employees.
· You will operate within the parameters of the company’s ISO and other accreditations.
Budget/resource management responsibilities