We are looking for an EV Project Engineer to join our busy team in Birmingham, B24.
Delivery of well-engineered project work in full compliance with all legislation (health and safety) and generally accepted good engineering practice whilst ensuring customer satisfaction.
Responsible for project management of development of concepts, design solutions, all engineering activities and processes from design stage to commissioning and hand over.
EV Project Engineer Responsibilities
- Project Management and delivery of a variety of projects ensuring QHSE standards are maintained.
- Plan and manage in house adi Group and subcontract resources allocated to a project
- Responsibility and management of the profit and gross margin (P&L) for allocated project work
- Carry out site surveys and produce detailed scope of work documentation, work schedules, and projects plans.
- Preparation of accurate and detailed cost estimates and quotations in line with the client requirements.
- Preparation of health and safety document to include production of method statements, risk assessments, and obtaining any required permits to work.
- Specification and procurement of equipment and material required for each project
- Produce detailed, works schedules, resources and projects plans
- Ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget and meeting customer expectations.
- Scheduling project program. Create, issue and maintain timing plans.
- Ensure commissioning of equipment for productions.
- Compiling contract files, checking customer data and specifications.
- Identifying and managing contract variations to ensure maintenance of profitability and gross margin for each project
EV Project Engineer Requirements
- Previous experience working as a project or contracts engineer is an advantage.
- Work experience in the EV industry i.e. Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment, AC up to 44kW and DC up to 350kW is an advantage.
- Previous experience in Electrical contracting industry essential, industrial and heavy commercial.
- Previous hands-on experience an advantage through apprenticeship or similar
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office suite.
- Ability to survey, price projects and issue quotes,
- Ability to manage projects from conception to completion including all labour & Material requirements
- Able to design and create project specification.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels - both written and verbal
- Ability to process and interpret complex information
- Strong prioritisation skills and ability to manage own workload
- Ability to work flexibly and independently
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment
- Ability to make decisions and use own initiative
- Creative, comes up with ideas
- Strong work ethic, highly motivated and driven
- Keen to improve and prepared to learn new skills
- Flexible, friendly and positive approach
- Methodical and systematic approach with meticulous attention to detail
- Problem solving techniques
- Able to think logically.
- Commitment to implementing business improvement initiatives
- Commercially aware.
- Develop a high level of computer literacy including the use of spreadsheets for project estimation and cost tracking and other software utilised in project management
- Ability to use Microsoft Office particularly Excel and Word
- Willing to participate in presentations
As a multi-disciplined engineering firm, adi Group has a number of expert divisions, spanning across a variety of markets and sectors. Providing bespoke services to clients across the UK and Ireland, adi Group utilises its expertise and customer-centred approach to consistently deliver innovative engineering solutions without a break in the supply chain.
Serving as a client’s single point of responsibility, adi Group overturns UK engineering’s niche model to offer clients 360° support across the spectrum – from the smallest expert installation or maintenance contract to large-scale capital projects. End-to-end, full lifecycle support.
If you think you are suitable for the EV Project Engineer role, please apply now!