Company & Team Introduction:
GDG is a specialist engineering consultancy, providing innovative solutions across a broad range of civil engineering sectors. We have offices in Dublin, Cork, Belfast, London, and Edinburgh. Our clients include large civil and building contractors, renewable energy project developers and engineering consulting firms. We also offer forensic engineering and expert witness services to the Insurance and Legal sectors. Our principal areas of expertise are Infrastructure, Onshore Renewables, Ports and Harbour, Structures, Offshore and Research & Development.
As an Energy Engineer you will work in collaboration with a passionate, multidisciplinary team of over 150 scientist and engineers who are focused on the sustainable design and delivery of critical infrastructure projects. The energy engineering team will work across all GDG commercial sectors, providing expert insight into the design a wide range of projects including: offshore wind, green hydrogen, geothermal, and solar. We are looking for energy engineers with c. 5 years’ of commercial experience, preferably in a consultancy environment.
- Experience of sustainable energy ;
- Knowledge Of a wide range of renewable energy technologies and how they interact as part of the wider energy mix ;
- An excellent understanding of green hydrogen, power to X and other alternatives for energy to decarbonise specific industries unsuited to electrification
- Excellent understanding of the drivers behind and barriers to Power to X / Green hydrogen uptake, including technical, economic, and political/regulatory factors ;
- Appreciation of energy balancing and the interplay between different demands, sources of supply and the interdependent role for storage ( of either electrons or hydrogen).
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Energy Engineering or a related discipline.
- At least 5 years relevant post-graduate experience.
Candidates should also be highly organised and motivated individuals with effective communication skills, a good work ethic, and a commitment to technical excellence, personal efficiency, and career progression through Continued Professional Development.
At GDG, we are committed to inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We take inclusion and diversity seriously. We know that getting this right is critical for us to live our organisation’s values. We are always trying to improve our way of working to be more inclusive and equal. We are an equal opportunity employer. Our vision is for GDG to be a place where people of all ethnicities feel welcomed to work. About us
Offering advice, consultancy support and engineering expertise, our team of specialist engineering consultants is focused on developing the most sustainable design solutions for our clients.
With a foundation in geoscience and geotechnical engineering, our expertise has grown to include foundation design, cable engineering and general civil infrastructure design, as well as environmental science and emerging energy technologies.
We are committed to supporting projects that contribute to the global sustainability agenda, such as enhancing infrastructure for climate change resilience, supporting offshore wind developments, engineering onshore wind infrastructure and assessing the carbon footprints of conventional civil schemes.
At GDG, we thrive on engineering innovation, and our team of industry experts constantly push boundaries to define a new state-of-the-art.