Location – Stafford
Salary – Negotiable depending on experience
Are you, or would you like to be, an Application Engineer with strong technical knowledge, communication skills and passion to contribute to the inevitable conversation to sustainable future? If you care about making a positive impact on the planet through contributing your experience and knowledge, click apply today.
Our client is a world leading renewable energy organisation going from strength to strength, offering both your career development and growth of the business. Do you want to be a part of the inevitable rise of renewable energies?
As an Application Engineer, you will have a strong electrical/electronic technical ability, specifically in substation protection & control. The right person must be confident, personable, stay up to date with market trends in the power industry. Does this sound like you?
- Review, analyse and resolve assigned customer application enquiries using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / deadline requirements
- Be proactive in offering technical support to internal and external customers both remotely and face to face meetings. The role will consist of both office-based responsibilities and visits to customer sites in the UK and, on occasion, overseas.
- Support the commercial/sales organisation in ensuring the best technical solutions, promotion of entire organisations portfolio, presentations and assistance during technical negotiations as well as completing formal tenders in line with customer specifications.
- Understanding of power Industry, trends, and practices along with customer roadmaps and challenges/expectations.
- Gather market intelligence and understand competitors’ products to aid in GA future roadmap
- Provide technical support to the Operations / Service Teams to aid in the execution of projects, FATs, SATs and site commissioning
- Conduct customer trainings to help customers in the application and the operation of the organisation’s portfolio.
- Attend and present at trade shows, seminars, and conferences as necessary, both in the UK and overseas
- Preparation of technical papers
- At least 5 years of experience in a customer facing engineering position
- Substation protection and control system applications knowledge within T&D segment
- Experience with IEC 61850 based substation automation solutions and cyber security standards is highly desirable
- Experience with network protocols, HMI systems, and software packages are highly desirable.
- Ability to analyse specific applications and produce technical reports
- Site testing and commissioning experience of substation protection and substation control system is highly desirable
- Degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering (or similar), with strong power systems knowledge
If you believe that you are a good fit for the Application Engineer position, submit your CV now. We are more than happy to answer queries and help you with your journey. This role is a great opportunity for someone to work in a field and ready to maximise their potential.