At Black & Veatch, our employee-owners go beyond the project. For over a century, we have been breaking down social, economic and geographic barriers by making life's critical resources accessible to all. Working with us, you will help provide critical expertise as we, along with our valued clients, deliver solutions that positively impact communities around the world. Our professionals are our greatest asset, and we believe nothing is more important than the health, happiness and professional growth of our employee-owners. With a focus on flexible work-life balance options, an expanding and diverse workforce, and limitless career growth opportunities, we will give you our best to help you give us your best, and together we can build a world of difference.
Req Id :
Opportunity Type :
Relocation eligible :
Full time/Part time :
Contract Hire Only for this Project :
Why Black and Veatch
At Black & Veatch, you own your career with purpose and meaning. You are empowered to grow and explore new possibilities at every step of your career journey. Bring your big ideas knowing you are safe to be who you are and speak up with concerns or questions and put your diverse talents and perspectives to use.
As the Process EPC Project Manager
, you will have the opportunity to:
- Manage all aspects of medium to large Engineering Procurement Construction (EPC)/Service projects, including risk to cost, schedule, quality.
- Manage FEL 1, 2 and 3 Projects while helping clients to plan for the EPC Phase.
- Be responsible for the day-to-day successful execution of contracted engineering, procurement, and construction scope in the areas of performance, financial metrics, planning, schedule, quality, contractual compliance, safety, and client satisfaction.
- Provide for the successful staffing of the project.
- Manage and lead medium to large teams of multi-discipline professionals.
- Coordinate and integrate the activities associated with the engineering, procurement, construction, and startup elements of the project team, including the activities of all third party companies contributing to the initiative.
Hybrid role: Glasgow, UK / London, UK / Site Based
BV’s Energy & Process
business is driven to meet clients’ rapidly changing infrastructure needs in generation, storage, transmission, and distribution of safe, reliable electric power. Our business continues to invest in renewable energy to power the future and support BV’s vision of more sustainable solutions. By joining our business, you will have the opportunity to be at the forefront of helping our clients with the most innovative energy solutions.
- Actively promote the safety culture.
- Manages medium to large engineering projects involving multiple clients or partners, or small EPC projects with minimal risk.
- Manages multiple Services clients or a small EPC project client, Starting from the FEL 1, 2, 3 Stages.
- Starting from the FEL 1, 2, 3 Stages. Works with discipline Engineers and Construction Managers to identify and resolve problems or issues related with design, schedule, materials, change management safety and quality.
- Participate in integrated planning sessions.
- Obtains new/repeat business on medium to large size projects; supports contract negotiations with other client personnel.
- Manages risk which may include fixed price, new technology, non domestic markets or new clients.
- 9+ years of process industry experience in a project management capacity.
- Previous experience with Process Industry EPC Projects.
- Prior experience with Hydrogen or process industry work is highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- Construction Design Management (CDM) Trained/Experience
- IOSH or NEBOSH Preferred
- Project Management Qualification Preferred
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Typical office environment: Sitting/standing/computer-usage for extended period of time. Speaking/Listening. Ability to utilize audio/video conferencing software for internal/external communication purposes.
Typical construction environment: Extreme weather conditions, high noise level, safety hazards (electric currents, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to chemicals), atmospheric conditions (fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases, poor ventilation). Sitting, walking, talking, hearing, reading, writing, keyboarding, driving, filing, reaching, stooping, crouching, bending, standing for extended periods of time, lifting or carrying up to 40 pounds. Travel as required
PMT: Project Management
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy. We offer professionals an array of health and welfare benefits that vary based on their geographic region and employment status. This may include health, life accident and disability insurances, paid time off, financial programs and more. Professionals may also be eligible for a performance-based bonus program.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.