Join us in the Amazon Reliability Maintenance Engineering team. We maintain and optimize technologies in the Global Amazon Warehouse & Delivery Network.
We are looking for a motivated team lead who enjoys working as a shift manager. They will ensure the organization of the shift, enable technicians to work safely, efficiently and maintain the equipment to a high standard in timely manner. The team lead is driving the safety culture in the team. They coach the technicians, and support them in improving quality and efficiency in the day to day business. They will support projects and vendor management. In collaboration with their managers and their team they will proactively driving the continuous improvement on site.
Support will come from various departments as well as the wider RME team.Shift Pattern:
This role includes working in non-traditional shift pattern, which may include nights and weekends.Responsibilities
- Role model health & safety best practices and monitor those around them to ensure they follow the example they set.
- Work in a hands-on manner and demonstrate SME (Subject Matter Expert) levels of knowledge on all MHE (Material Handling Equipment) in the building.
- Coach and mentor the technicians on shift.
- Support the line manager and to supervise the shift in their absence.
- Provide high levels of equipment availability to our internal customers by means of troubleshooting and prioritizing.
- Support continuous improvement of systems in a standard manner across the EU network.
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship across all levels in the organization.
- Understanding of OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) and equipment performance metrics.
- Management of contractors.
- Multi skilled in both electrical and mechanical disciplines.
- Experience of planned preventative maintenance systems.
- Experience fault finding within MHE (Material Handling Equipment)/Automation systems.
- Experience in interpreting both mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Experience of conveyor maintenance, motor controllers/inverters.
- Served a full engineering indentured apprenticeship and/or qualified to NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- Experience of high voltage switching.
- Experience of sortation machines.
- Experience of maintaining/configuring bar code scanners.
- Experience of print and apply machines.
- Apprentice Trained, HNC, HND, BSc, BEng
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT)