We are looking for a Maintenance Technician to join our busy team based in Southall.
To carry out both planned and reactive maintenance on complex Mechanical Electro/Mechanical systems and process equipment that includes Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) and pneumatic controls.
Maintenance Technician Responsibilities
- Work safely in line with client behavioural principles.
- Compliance of RPE and PPE requirements (including maintenance of personal RPE log).
- Keep workstations and areas clean & tidy.
- Spot potential hazards and report promptly using the APR / Near Miss system.
- Attend all company and client mandatory safety training.
- Adhere to client Lockout procedures.
- Comply with the 10 rules of cGMP.
- To ensure that a task is carried out to Right First-Time principles.
- Ensure calibration logs, intervention logs, etc. are completed as required.
- Maintain timely awareness of changes to work instructions, and quality issues communicated.
- Resolve equipment issues / problems as they occur.
- Participate in client internal, customer & regulatory audits as required, including preparation / follow-up.
- Complete all mandatory GMP Training.
- Ensure completion of Maintenance Intervention Logs, along with Process logs to required standards.
Job Specific Complexity
- Work within regulatory requirements.
- Process knowledge – relating to WI’s, SOP’s and Manufacturing Records.
- Create and deliver standard work WI’s, SOP’s, SPL’s, etc. where appropriate.
- Repair and maintain equipment to validated specification.
- Evaluate breakdowns and stoppages, and communicate in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate sound fault finding diagnostic ability (use fault finding tools, e.g. Fishbone 5 Whys C&E, etc.
- Identify root cause and provide solutions to issues working with relevant resource to resolve.
- Support set-up & changeover of production process equipment.
- Sanitisation and cleaning of production equipment to validate procedures (if required).
- Maintaining equipment and assets to a safe, compliant & reliable condition.
- Completion of Criticality Assessments and Reliability Assessments.
- Deliver equipment / process improvements.
- Reduce MTTR and increase MTBF (identifying root cause and implementing corrective measures).
- Use downtime data to identify downtime issues and opportunities to improve.
- Develop operator skills in respect to equipment operation (autonomous maintenance, equipment knowledge coaching & support.
- Provide technical advice and solutions for equipment issues.
- Coaching of others (Tech’s, Ops PWGL’s) and develop the understanding of others in equipment use & issues.
- Use predictive maintenance tools & techniques to reduce equipment breakdown.
- Provide “Hands-On” engineering support with the allocated value streams.
- Provide technical advice and support for equipment issues.
- Complete and maintain GMP documentation in-line with current Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Coach & promote “best Engineering Practices” within work group.
- This role, from time to time, will require the performance of other duties as assigned.
Maintenance Technician Requirements
- Formal engineering qualification Mechanical / Electrical HNC / HND NVQ Level 3 or equivalent.
- BTEC ONC, C&G Technician or equivalent.
- Industry recognised IPAF, PASMA, CSCS, H&S experience and qualifications.
- Possesses good general maintenance fitting skills and be willing to support other areas of maintenance activities when required.
- Experience of working within a pharmaceutical environment.
- Good working knowledge of Health Safety and Environmental responsibilities, including but not limited to, PUWER, LOLER, Electricity at Work, working at height.
- Understanding and working knowledge of maintenance procedures, record keeping, Permit to Work (PTW) and Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) procedures.
- Have a positive, reliable and consistent “can do” attitude.
- Be reliable and consistent.
- Demonstrate a confident and determined approach.
- Have a high degree of enthusiasm and self-motivation.
- Demonstrate a methodical and organised approach.
- Have excellent time management with ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate a keen eye for accuracy and attention to detail.
- Have a logical, precise and accurate approach to work.
- Be able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Have strong problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate a professional manner and dynamic personality with strong command of the English language.
- Be resilient and able to cope under pressure.
- Able to work flexibly and prioritise workload.
- Have strong customer service and communication skills.
- Demonstrate good numeracy and analytical skills.
- Have strong customer service and communication skills, with excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and negotiate with people at all levels.
- A proactive approach with the ability to work without supervision take ownership, accountability and make decisions.
As a multi-disciplined engineering firm, adi Group has a number of expert divisions, spanning across a variety of markets and sectors. Providing bespoke services to clients across the UK and Ireland, adi Group utilises its expertise and customer-centred approach to consistently deliver innovative engineering solutions without a break in the supply chain.
Serving as a client’s single point of responsibility, adi Group overturns UK engineering’s niche model to offer clients 360° support across the spectrum – from the smallest expert installation or maintenance contract to large-scale capital projects. End-to-end, full lifecycle support.
If you think you are suitable for the Maintenance Technician role, please apply now!