Are you looking for a new Maintenance Technician role with training and career progression opportunities?
Do you want to be a part of the world's leading scientific drug development company?
About LabCorp Drug Development
As a leading contract research organization, LabCorp provides comprehensive drug development solutions for a range of industries. We are a global leader in nonclinical safety assessment, clinical trial testing and clinical trial management services. Together with our clients, we support the development of innovative, life-changing treatments.
Our site in Eye, Suffolk is currently recruiting for a Maintenance Technician
to join the team on a full-time basis.
The role of the Maintenance Technician will be responsible for all maintenance and repairs on-site, working to ensure our day-day operations continue to run smoothly.
While core hours will be Monday-Friday 8:30am-5pm, there will be a weekend requirement once every 4 weeks for 3 hours on both Saturday & Sunday which will count as overtime and be paid as double time.
Job Responsibilities Include
- Assist Maintenance Engineering team with maintenance and repair of site plant and engineering systems.
- Work individually on maintenance tasks assigned as assigned by Team Leader.
- Undertake daily plant checks including: steam boiler blowdown, L8 water compliance, AHU, chillers, AC units, sewage treatment plant etc.
- Undertake building fabric repairs as assigned by Team Leader: door alignment, drainage repairs, minor decoration etc.
- Carryout PPMs on sewer plant.
- Liaise with and escort contractors.
- Site waste collection.
- Collection and decant site waste chemical.
- Forklift and tractor driving.
- Operation of MEWP.
- Update IT based PPM systems as instructed by Team leader.
- Communicate daily with Team Leader and maintenance team
- Report all plant failures, reactive tasks to Team Leader.
What Labcorp Drug Development Can Offer You
- Competitive salaries.
- Double time on weekends
- Wider benefits package including pension and generous holiday allowance
- Career development opportunities
- 3 or more GCSE's or equivalent, Grade A-E to include English, Mathematics, and a science subject
- Experience may be substituted for educational level
- Previous experience in mechanical, electrical, plumbing or construction trades.
- Alternatively 'handyman' experience and general exposure to construction and engineering environment will be considered
Labcorp Is Proud To Be An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement .