the7stars is unlike any other agency. The distinction started the day we launched in 2005 when we named ourselves after a pub, but more importantly when we made a promise that we were going to do things differently.
And this commitment has stuck with us. It guides how we work, how we think and how we treat one another and can be expressed in a single word.
Our Freedom philosophy lives across our entire business from people, product and planning. It means we plan & buy media how we want, develop careers how we want, take holiday when we need it, invent tools when we need them, give people a platform to speak up, question and express themselves freely -but more importantly it has allowed us to create an amazing place to work.
In 2022 we achieved our 9thyear in a row as a Sunday Times Top 100 company to work for and were awarded Campaign’s number one media agency to work for accolade for the second year running.
the7stars is 300 passionate media people that are able tofocus purely on creating great work for our clients. Clients such as Warner Music, Entain, Suziki, Goustoand Vision Express. UK focused, we also operate within an agile global network of like-minded friends, extending our client portfolio into Europe and the US.
If thinking freely and with integrity is your bag, then the7stars is the place for you.About The Role
As Marketing Analytics & Effectiveness Specialist, you will be a key member of the7stars team. You will engage with clients as both a practitioner (attribution, econometrics, experiments) and a strategic advisor (brand strategy, investment planning, test and learn, go to market strategies).
Your role represents a carte blanche to support key clients in driving marketing driven profit growth through the design, co ordination and delivery of analytics initiatives. You will be guaranteed variety, autonomy and senior client exposure. And will work across a broad range of clients, categories, audiences, project briefs and methods from day one.
The Insight & Analytics unit you will be apart of are an award winning multi discipline team. In recent years we have won prestigious awards including WARC Effectiveness, Effies , Marketing Society, Campaign/Media Week, Market Research Society and IPA Effectiveness. We support clients by providing a range of measurement and forecasting solutions that help them understand and predict every aspect of customer behaviour. We engage with clients as long term strategic advisers, building a partnership for evidence based growth.
We are looking for the following attributes & experience in the successful candidate:
- Relentless intellectual curiosity
- Knowledge of Econometrics, Forecasting, Investment Planning & Optimisation, Media
- Experiments/Tests, Customer Level Analysis. You are highly likely to be ‘hands on’ in your current role.
- Comfortable in the minute detail of large data sets but equally mindful of the big picture
- Results oriented with an unerring focus on adding commercial value for our clients through better use of data and analytics
- Has a passion for sharing knowledge and has a coach’s mindset. A big part of the role is to equip clients and planning teams to make more evidence based investment decisions autonomously
- An awareness of current hot topics in the industry, with a perspective too
The successful candidate must have:
Previous experience (3+ years) in a marketing effectiveness or marketing analytics role. This is likely to have been with a media agency, specialist consultancy or client side.
The successful candidate will have some of:
- Experience building, communicating and leveraging econometric models to drive growth for brands.
- The ability to communicate complex ideas in an accessible manner and build rapport with non technical clients.
- Excellent data visualisation skills and attention to detail.
- The ability to teach and be taught -absorb new knowledge quickly as well as educating and empowering your agency colleagues.
- Solutions first mindset with the ability to proactively identify client needs and the solutions that meet and exceed them.
- Comfortable presenting insights to senior marketing clients
- A strong understanding of the marketing planning process and the current media landscape.
- Experience developing new tools that increase the utilisation of analytics through the marketing planning process.
- Track record of automating complex processes for agencies or advertisers.
- Comfortable with scripting languages (R, Python, SQL most relevant). Skilled at extracting, managing and manipulating big data sets. Experience in data mining/scraping.
What we can offer you:
- Uncounted holiday (Birthdays or the day after are now compulsory!)
- New Business Bonus eligible in your first year as a 7stars employee
- Personal finance advice
- Life Assurance
- Critical Illness cover
- Income protection
- Summer profit share bonus and Christmas bonus
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Choice of 5 gyms
- Season ticket Loan
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Extensive Maternity, Paternity, fostering and adoption leave package, including a bonus for mums when they announce they are expecting and a Gousto box for when the baby first arrives home
- Royal London pension (Including a Green Pension option)
- Company bar
- Free breakfast
- Flexible working
The7stars is committed to creating a diverse environment, where employees feel empowered to share different ideas, perspectives and experiences in a collaborative and creative work environment. Equality and inclusion are at the heart of our culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.