At Grid Edge, we see diversity and inclusivity as a priority and we are always looking for individuals who bring something different to the team. Even if you think you don’t meet all the requirements, please don’t be put off from applying. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome people from all backgrounds.
Grid Edge is an award winning AI company specialising in the energy sector. We are the AI that is powering commercial buildings to net-zero. Our mission is to help save the planet by reducing the amount of carbon being released through inefficient energy usage. We love solving problems and providing businesses with solutions that they never thought were possible.
The primary focus of your role is to provide desktop-based analysis of energy and building data to remotely support our customers goals of more efficient energy usage and lower carbon footprints for their business. The role will require you to provide our customers with insights into their energy consumption patterns, whilst leverage our analytical platform to deeper insights and recommendations that can improve their efficiencies and take proactive action to avoid future wastage.
You will also work closely with our product and data science teams to help evolve the product and tune our machine learning. We are looking for someone who is passionate about data and the planet, whilst having an interest in how the energy sector can evolve to help save the planet.
What you will do (Key Accountabilities):
- Identifying and avoiding excess carbon and energy usage through proactive monitoring, analysis and successful communication with the customers on-site team.
- Work closely with the customer to set up threshold and alerts and triggers that notify customers ahead of time, to reduce energy and carbon waste.
- Helping customers understand the costs and benefits of recommended interventions by always talking in three key languages Carbon, Cost, and Consumptions.
- Providing the customers with support to increasingly self-serve using the Grid Edge platform.
- Utilising aggregated customer data to find innovative solutions to complex consumption problems and provide recommendations to customers.
- Providing our customers with monthly summary reports all recommendations raised throughout the month and potential carbon, cost and consumptions savings.
- Build successful relationships with all key customer stakeholders including onsite teams and suppliers.
- Own and resolve any customer carbon or consumption queries and provide analysis support where needed.
- Providing technical support to our sales and customer success team to analyse consumption and carbon anomalies.
- Compliment our AI with manual analysis whilst providing feedback to our product team for areas of automation and system improvements.
- Ensure that all our customers meet or exceed the carbon reduction goals set out in their improvement plans.
- Supporting the site team and marketing with case study documentation.
Key Skills and Experience:
- A positive, resilient, can-do mindset that keeps the overall goal at the forefront of their mind.
- You are a completer-finisher, ensuring that you see things through to conclusion.
- Experience in using deep data analytical techniques to identify trends and anomalies that enable better decision making. Analytical thinker, statistician, problem solver with a strong attention to detail, able to use data to drive service improvement.
- An understanding of energy management principles, and commercial building operations.
- An understanding of energy consumption and how this impacts cost and carbon.
- An ability to communicate complex data sets in a simple straightforward way to multiple stakeholders.
- Strong statistical and analytical understanding.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders. Ensuring all comms are positive and solution focused.
- You put the customer first and are passionate about ensuring they exceed their goals through exceptional customer service.
- Stakeholder management and communication.
- Excellent IT skills in particular Excel or other spreadsheet systems.
- Strong team player who puts the team first whilst being able to work on own initiative and drive improvements with little guidance.
- Ability to work independently to a high standard with attention to detail.
- Dynamic and able to adapt and exceed expectations, often with limited information.
- Degree level (or higher) qualification in energy, environment, data science or related subject.
Nice to Have
- Experience working in Building Facility Operations such as Facilities Management or Building Management System support/engineering.
- Understanding of Data Science principles and techniques
- Experience using technical languages such as SQL, Python
- Experience of data analytics platforms such as Power BI or Tableau
- Graduate/Associate membership of appropriate professional body (CIBSE, AEE or Energy Institute preferred)
- Working towards energy management qualification (e.g. Energy Institute Level 1)
Salary Range: up to £27,000 full-time equivalent, dependant on experience
Hybrid/Home-based with regular but flexible travel to central Birmingham office
Plus: employer pension, benefits scheme including life assurance, income protection and health insurance, enhanced family friendly policies and 26 days annual leave. Four company days per year, voluntary, sustainable and green benefits available.