Overview of Role
The Technical Engineer responsibilities include supporting customers, recommending solutions, and solving problems. To be successful in this role, you should be an excellent communicator who's able to earn our clients' trust. You should also be familiar with working in a fast paced, technical environment.
Ultimately, you will help establish our reputation as a company that offers excellent customer support during all sales and after-sales procedures.
We are a rapidly expanding company so this will be a role with fast progression.
- To liaise and co-ordinate with our fast-growing base of professional installers to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of battery storage and renewable energy installations for a wide variety of projects.
- To manage technical interactions with the installers and customers including setting up customer internal databases with information about technical issues and useful discussions with customers.
- To act as first point of contact for installers and customers in relation to our Sales and supply contracts and support for them before, during and after installations.
- To ensure that installers are adequately trained and knowledgeable on the installation of our products (to include Solar PV, battery storage and EV Chargers).
- To oversee our UK energy storage Service Centre with tasks including first point of contact regarding customer queries and warranty issues, installer support and fault-finding, maintaining customer database, project and installation documentation, and overview of operation of on-line portal to monitor performance of installed systems
- Respond to customer queries in a timely and accurate way, via phone, email, or chat.
- Follow up with customers to ensure their technical issues are resolved.
- Gather customer feedback and share with our Product, Sales and Marketing teams.
- To help the company grow and train a network of engineers across the UK
- Will require travel to Holmes Chapel office with the understanding you may have to travel to installation sites when required.
- Three years + experience in a face-to-face customer role.
- City and Guilds/ NVQ electrical qualification or equivalent.
- Committed to providing excellent customer service.
- Strong organisational and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritise well when managing multiple projects at a time.
- Ability to build relationships and a good rapport with clients to generate confidence.
- Clear communicator, confident in communicating and influencing at all levels.
- Good problem identification and solution skills.
- Ability to deal with complex tasks under pressure.
- Familiar in all aspects of job-related Health and Safety.
- Motivated, driven and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- A willingness to learn and never afraid of change.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Right to work in UK.
We are looking for someone with extensive experience and technical knowledge in the industry. We will provide comprehensive training on our products and services. What matters most is that you have:
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude and a willingness to learn.
- Working experience and good knowledge of residential PV systems, inverter, battery storage systems and EV charging stations.
- A proven track record of doing well in a customer support/service environment.
- Excellent written and communication, IT and presentation skills.
- A professional approach and a positive commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- A real interest in renewable energy and environmental sustainability.
- A full driving licence.
We can offer
- Full training and a commitment to your on-going personal and professional development.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- A positive, friendly, supportive and collaborative working environment.
- A very competitive Salary
- Pension + Healthcare
- Company Vehicle
- Excellent opportunity for progression into Management
The opportunity to work with leading, the most innovative and top products in the Renewable Energy sector.
Ares Power is a new renewable energy manufacturer and distributor providing pioneering energy storage and battery products. We are rapidly expanding so we are looking for a talented technical engineer to join our team and to help us to enhance customers' experience, by providing customers with the necessary technical assistance for our energy storage systems and EV chargers. As part of our team, you will be providing 1st class technical support, product training, and warranty repairs across the north of UK. As Power companies confront the challenge of shifting to more sustainable energy sources, we are providing innovative solutions in the design of Battery Energy Storage Systems. The role is open to candidates in the United Kingdom and will be based at the company's new dedicated Energy Storage office in Holmes Chapel, Cheshire, offering flexibility with hybrid working