The Company has an immediate opportunity for a Project Developer to join our rapidly expanding Europe division. The role will report to our European Development Director.
The Project Developer will be responsible for progressing solar PV and energy storage projects from land identification stage through to pre-construction.
The position will predominantly be based in our UK office, located in Reading, England. The role may require travel to operational locations and company offices, situated across the UK and Europe.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Identifying new land areas for the development of solar and storage projects using a range of desktop land finding tools.
- Managing and overseeing projects over the entire project development process including planning, grid applications / connections and stakeholder liaison.
- Liaising with external planning consultants, local planning officers, surveyors, grid operators, technical advisors and other stakeholders.
- Producing regular project pipeline reports and issuing to key internal and external parties.
- Working with European Development Director and Finance team to manage development cash flow forecasts for all projects in pipeline.
- Compiling detailed plant forecast performance data into master spreadsheets and manage updates throughout the development and design process.
- Oversee document management systems including compilation of data rooms for project transactions.
- Liaising with Technical Services and Operations teams as required to ensure smooth transition of projects between internal departments.
- Producing high quality bid documentation for new renewable opportunities.
- Additional duties as may be required in the execution of the role.
Experience & Competency
- A self-starter, proactive team player, capable of leading by doing, able to work under pressure.
- Experience of working in the renewables / utilities / energy sector preferable.
- Previous experience of working in a project development role advantageous.
- High attention to detail.
- Motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- Organisational skills and time management.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Education, Qualifications & Training
- No specific requirements. Any previous qualifications or training related to renewables will be a bonus.