Ongoing Contract - North Sea - 2/3 Rotation
BASIC PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Fire & Gas Technician is a member of the Offshore Operations and Maintenance Team reporting directly to the Maintenance Team Leader – Instrument with responsibility for all aspects of fire & gas maintenance. The Fire & Gas Technician ensures that fire & gas equipment is maintained in alignment with engineering guidelines, Platform operating procedures, performance standards and manufacturer’s tolerances.
- Responsible for the supervision of specific work-scopes, to ensure that the requirements of the Control of Work (ISSOW) system are fully complied-with.
- Performs task risk assessments using Toolbox Talk (Dynamic Risk Review), level 1 and level 2 techniques ensuring residual risk is As Low As Reasonably Practicable (ALARP).
- Demonstrate personal leadership and exemplary safety behaviours at all times ensuring that Safety Rules expectations are communicated and maintained.
- Ensures relevant procedures within Management System are adhered to.
- Ensure all environmental risks are considered and mitigated when work is being planned and executed.
- Contribute to platform safety management system by intervening when witnessing unsafe situations. Encourage safe behaviours amongst fellow workers and record conversations using the ‘Intelligent Safety’ database.
- Attend relevant training courses to maintain or improve levels of competency in the role of a performing authority.
- Instrument isolating authority under the Safe Isolation and Reinstatement of Plant Standard (SIRPS).
- Proficient in the use of IT systems – Maximo, ISSOW, etc
- Identify opportunities to enhance production through modifications, procedural review and defect elimination.
- Ensure jobs are raised in Maximo to address all known defects. Order all required materials and where appropriate feed the job into the plan.
- The expectations when performing this role are -
- Primary point of contact for offshore technicians/management and onshore support, when dealing with Fire & Gas activity and issues.
- Manage Safety Critical maintenance to Zero overdue. Plan and execute all Fire & Gas related activity against Safety reason codes striving for Zero Safety backlog.
- Follow up on spares ordering to ensure timely delivery offshore. Update Maximo and plan jobs when spares arrive.
- Complete accurate handovers (written and verbal) for both shift change and at the end of trip.
- Ensure all plant operations are conducted with due regard to Standards.
- Ensure all operations are conducted with regard to Plant shutdown avoidance.
- Complete all weekly maintenance routines as defined in Maximo and ensure that maintenance routines are written up with the appropriate amount of detail.
- A minimum of an HNC Measurement / Control or Electrical Engineering.
- VQ Level 3 in Instrument Maintenance
- Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training
- Operating or Project experience, either onshore or offshore, in the role of Instrument, Electrical or Mechanical Technician.
- Ability to work extended periods of time offshore on a production platform.
- Good understanding of safety management for offshore operations and have demonstrated personal commitment to Safety.
- Practical knowledge and experience of offshore production, process and utilities systems and operations
- Proven ability to meet the requirements of the platform Competency Assessment Programme
- Good understanding of industry HSE practices applicable to the job role
- Experience of working in the UK offshore industry