Our client are a small and rapidly growing renewable energy company who develop, own, finance and operate battery storage projects across the UK and Europe.
They are looking for a Junior Planner, you would have the opportunity to grow within the role, gaining exposure across the project lifecycle and gain experience from a fast growing renewable energy developer.
Candidates must be comfortable attending to the Warrington based office 4 times per week
- Conduct site feasibility assessments to identify any planning constraints.
- Assist in defining the project scope and application strategy, as well as identifying any necessary supporting documents for each site.
- Monitor Planning applications.
- Communicate and coordinate with Local Planning Authorities to obtain pre-application planning advice, review local policies, and identify key stakeholders.
- Provide support for the pre-application strategy and timeline.
- Prepare pre-application advice information to be submitted to the Local Planning Authority or Energy Consent Unit.
- Create site-specific Environmental Impact Assessment Screening submissions based on the feasibility study, identifying any constraints or issues to be addressed.
- The ideal candidate will have a few years of experience in development or consultancy, with a preference for those who have worked in the renewable energy sector.
- Ability to manage external advisors, budgets, and programs is a plus.
- Strong communication and report-writing skills are necessary, including the ability to communicate effectively with senior management and investors.
- The candidate should be a motivated team player who can work independently or collaboratively to ensure tasks are completed on time, within budget, and to a high standard.
- The ideal candidate should have a strong interest in the UK's transition to a net-zero economy.