Due to rapid growth in the energy sector, we have an exciting opportunity for a multi-skilled solar PV project engineer to assist with overseeing the development of solar PV projects with our clients throughout the UK. Working closely with our ESG and Project Management teams you will ensure that projects are designed, installed and commissioned for our clients on time and within budget.
We are looking for someone who can easily commute to our London office on a hybrid basis.
As we are growing the Solar PV team, do get in touch if you are based anywhere in the UK as long as you are able to easily commute to one of our UK offices.The key responsibilities for the role:
Experience, Skills & Qualifications required:
- Desktop solar 3D modelling.
- Solar PV feasibility report writing.
- Liaising with clients and internal teams on solar technical matters and advice.
- Site surveys for solar PV appraisal including roof, electrical and health and safety considerations to assist with de-risking client projects.
- Project management of solar PV projects working with internal teams, appointed specialist contractors, regulatory bodies (DNO, planning, structural) and clients.
- Support project work which can typically range from £100k to £1 Million.
- Assisting with co-ordination of portfolio instructions and undertaking other duties from time to time as may be reasonably required.
- Meet target KPIs.
- Business Development and Client Care awareness.
- Adherence to Health & Safety procedures.
- Responsibility for own continuous professional learning Experience
- Electrical engineer or similar qualification.
- Minimum 3 years PQE with developing commercial solar PV systems.
- Battery storage and/or electric vehicle charging knowledge/experience.
- Commercial real estate knowledge.
- Strong technical background in report writing and specification development.
- Experience with DNOs and G99 application process.
- Experience in 3D modelling, ideally PVSOL and Sketchup.
- Competent with AutoCAD.
- Good knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.