JERA Green drives JERA’s renewable energy business growth in Europe, North America, Asia and the Middle East.
We are a global renewables IPP working across the life cycle of renewables and are looking for key talent to be an active part of this exciting journey as the business grows further.
Established in 2015, JERA is an equal joint venture of TEPCO Fuel & Power, Incorporated and Chubu Electric Power Co., Inc. JERA is a Japanese company with significant and global portfolio of international energy assets. It has industry leading expertise scaling the entire fuel and power supply chain, from upstream fuel investments to fuel procurement, trading and transportation, to power generation development, construction and operation. JERA’s mission is to contribute to an internationally competitive supply of power and energy and to invigorate the standard of living, industry and economy around the world.
As part of our new set-up in the UK, the global headquarters for JERA Green, we are seeking for an Analyst for our growing team.
Your responsibilities in short
- Conduct market and industry research and support initial investment review of prospective project opportunities
- Read the energy contest – maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the global renewables industry
- Support the implementation and review of the business strategy with respect to projects, markets and JV partners
- Conduct due diligence on investment counterparties, JV partners (including KYC) and competitors
- Assist in the preparation of memos and internal approval materials (for IC and Board), and analysis of business development opportunities
- Review project documentation in relation to new business opportunities; examine data rooms, develop Q&A and risk assessments, conduct evaluation with the support of third parties and team specialists
- Abide by specific internally established control systems, authorities and policies and help to review or put such processes in place
- Work to ensure a collaborative work environment that will provide adequate opportunities for professional growth and development
What you need to be successful in this role
- A degree in an environmental science, business, finance, engineering or equivalent qualification(s)
- You stick out because of your analytical skills and attention to detail
- You are highly proficient with the use of MS products, particularly excel, word and powerpoint
- You are a self-starter, highly motivated and get motivated by solving problems with minimal guidance
- One knows you as an excellent communicator and team player who can lead and motivate others
- Your strong planning and organizational skills found already many fans in the past
- You have the appetite to learn and try new ways of work outside your comfort zone
Who we are and what we offer
- Startup and entrepreneurial environment in a company that is part of a larger, well-funded and long-term ambition to contribute to global decarbonization
- Opportunity to define your workplace. We are starting out and every idea counts!
- A job that is part of making our world a greener place
- International team that benefits from our different perspectives, backgrounds and experiences
- We are high-performing and ambitious individuals who also enjoy our private lives. We hope you can identify with that
- We believe in the benefit of flexible working hours and location and appreciate that we see one another in person regularly
- We are not afraid to admit that we don’t know things but also proactively look to solve problems and work collaboratively
- We work hard but also want to have fun at the same time, we’re on an exciting journey