Our Software Development Team are looking to appoint an experienced Embedded Software Engineer to their growing team. The role will be pivotal in the future development of Sunamp’s solutions.
We are looking for someone enthusiastic about decarbonisation, solving the problem of intermittency of renewable energy generation, and coding. A software developer who likes to be challenged and is eager to find new ways to bring Sunamp’s solutions to people’s houses and businesses.
The developer will be part of the creation of a new team and new business streams at Sunamp. This will give the developer the opportunity to make an impact on the way Sunamp envisions and shapes its solutions. The work is challenging, but also at the forefront of cutting-edge technology and leading industry change.
A degree of the work will be for the developer to expand on our simple and smart solutions, whilst working in a fast-pace environment and being an integral part of an energetic and committed team.
An effective communicator the right candidate will work closely with technical and non-technical teams in; AI/ML, Electronics, Verification/Testing and Project Management.
They will be able to demonstrate their ability to design and implement robust and smart backend architecture, and a familiarity with software development agile methodologies, with good attention to detail. A self-learner the candidate will successfully deliver outputs to tight schedules and excel in fast paced working environments.
A bit about us
The company designs and manufactures space-saving thermal storage solutionsthat make homes, buildings and vehicles more energy-efficient and sustainable, while reducing their carbon emission outputs and optimising renewables.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to join a rapidly expanding, award winning and innovative company. Having recently been awarded the first ever King’s Award for Enterprise, this prestigious award is testament to our excellence in innovation and the exceptional performance of our products.
Positively contributing to energy efficiency and sustainable advancement is central to our operations and recognition of how our products achieve this will be vital to the role. Researching into who we are and what we do is a must for the candidate to better understand and appreciate the direction and history of the company. If this is a vision you share and are passionate about, and you believe you have the right skill set to succeed, this could be an important future role for you.
Based in Macmerry and working closely with the Engineering and Software Development team, having a strong methodological mindset will be key. The ideal candidate will be a team player with an appreciation on the importance to build and sustain a collaborative working environment.
We anticipate that as the candidate settles into the role, exploration and the learning of new business opportunities is expected. Overall, the individual will be passionate, about developing solutions that help promote decarbonisation and renewable energy systems.
Excellence, pride in your reputation and supporting a collaborative workplace and culture are vital in making this role a success.
Some of the areas you will be involved with:
- Work in the early stage of Sunamp’s software development projects
- Translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Lead the development of Sunamp’s IOT solutions
- Design, develop, test, and support the software developed for Sunamp’s solutions
- Document Sunamp’s software solutions
- Optimise backend architecture and software developed for Sunamp’s solutions
- Troubleshoot and solve software technical vulnerabilities
- Collaborate with other teams to produce integrated outputs and systems
Who we are looking for:
The right candidate will be able to provide demonstrable evidence and talk in detail about their skills, experience, knowledge and understanding across the following criteria;
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Embedded systems, development and back-end development, (c++, c# programming)
- Git version control software development tool
- Containerisation technologies such as Docker
- Validation or verification software systems
- RESTful APIs
- Implementing and using TCP/IP protocols, TLS certificates
- Machine learning technologies
- Excellent communication skills ability to present clearly and articulate well in writing.
- Collaborates closely with colleagues, to help support a culture of continuous improvement.
- Adaptability and readiness to positively challenge existing practices and find alternatives.
Additionally, knowledge of U-Boot and build tools such as YOCTO, Python, MATLAB, CI/CD Pipeline and familiarity with industry standards such as (PAS 1878, ETSI TS303645, ISO 27001 are also desirable. As is a growing interest in developing metering systems and controllers.
As a company we take your development and progression seriously and look forward to helping develop your skillset as we grow.
Sunamp is an Equal Opportunities Employer. The company is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, sexual orientation, gender, pregnancy, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, medical history, skin colour, marital status, genetic information or parental status. We base all our employment decisions on merit, job requirements and business needs.