Programme Manager Sector:
NEOM Tourism Job Location:
Sharma, NEOM Role Purpose:
NEOM is a new vision of what the future could be. It’s an attempt to do something that’s never been done before and it’s coming at a time when the world needs fresh thinking and new solutions. Put simply, NEOM will not only be a destination, but a home for people who dream big and who want to be part of building a new model for sustainable living. NEOM will be a hub for innovation, where established global businesses and emerging players can research, incubate, and commercialize groundbreaking technologies to accelerate human progress.
The Programme Manager will be responsible for managing the sector’s annual Implementation plan and driving the successful execution of strategic initiatives and project.
The purpose of this role is to
Key Accountabilities & Activities:
- Oversee and manage multiple projects within the sector to achieve the delivery of all projects set out in the sectors implementation plan
- develop and implement and manage strategic plans for cross-functional projects as set out by the Tourism Leadership Team.
- Support and coach project managers within the sector to adopt project management principles
- Managing the sectors governance, risk and compliance management plan.
- Develop and manage the annual implementation plan for the sector alongside the Business Manager
- Manage and track progress of the multiple projects and associated milestones the sector is required to deliver in line with the sectors approved implementation plan
- Report on the progress of the sector’s implementation plan, flagging risks and/or issues in achieving the agreed milestones associated with the projects to the Business Manager
- Provide guidance and project management support to projects managers as and when required e.g. ensuring each sector project has project charter, project plan, RAID and RACI in place.
- Identify and flag resource management requirements to deliver projects
- Support the Business Manager to develop strategic plans for the sector as part of the strategic planning process
- Facilitate workshops (e.g. planning, lessons learned) as and when required.
- Develop and implement strategic plans aligned with NEOM Tourism’s strategic objectives
- Work with stakeholders to develop and implement project charters and briefs that align with NEOM Tourism’s overall strategic goals.
- Lead and manage strategic cross-functional projects from initiation to completion.
- Ensure successful delivery within defined timelines, budgets, and quality standards.
- Coordinate project resources, monitor progress, and resolve any obstacles or issues.
- Manage project risks and issues, identify solutions, and recommend corrective actions as necessary.
- Provide project status reports and updates to stakeholders on a regular basis.
Background, Skills & Qualifications:
- Develop and implement performance measurement frameworks across of all the sectors projects
- Develop key performance indicators (KPIs) and track the progress and success of strategic initiatives with the key stakeholders and report progress to the Tourism Leadership team
- Provide analysis and recommendations for improvement on performance of the sectors programme of work
- Minimum of 5-8 years’ experience in comparable roles with a focus on programme management and strategic planning
- Proven track record of success in delivering complex projects on time, within budget, and to the highest standards of quality
- Ownership and self-management capabilities - a high degree of ownership for tasks, the ability to work independently and to prioritize tasks in a highly dynamic environment.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate across the organization, including excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of KPIs and performance management concepts and methodologies.
- Strong understanding of project management principles and practices
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong facilitation skills
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in project management tools and software e.g. Microsoft Project
- Experience in using Primavera (P6) is a plus
- Experience in the Tourism industry is a plus
- Experience in the Tourism industry is a plus
- Experience in managing and delivering Digital transformation projects is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Management, or a related field. A Master's degree is preferred
- Project management formal training (PMP, Prince2 or Agile certification) is a plus