Reporter / Journalist – Hydrogen Economist
What we need
PE Media Network is the modern multi-media, multi-channel option for energy industry information and communication. It brings together three streams of value-add subscription content—Petroleum Economist, Carbon Economist and Hydrogen Economist—PE’s 30-year experience in cartography and infrastructure data, and the PE Events’ roster of focused boutique forums on specific underserved elements of the industry.
Through our various publications and subscription channels, coverage goes beyond the headlines, giving subscribers essential insight into global oil and gas politics and markets. Our readers use our intelligence to form commercial strategies, whether they lead state-owned or privately held companies.
Working from PE Media's London office, we are seeking a Senior Reporter to support Hydrogen Economist. This position will report to our Editor in Chief, PE Media and provide editorial coverage including sourcing content for Hydrogen Economist publications and supporting media formats.
What you will do
- Source and curate high-quality content for our Hydrogen Economist publication and social media channels, ensuring that all content is accurate, engaging, and relevant to our audience
- Commission content from a global freelance pool of reporters and subject matter experts, ensuring that all content is delivered on time and to a high standard
- Monitor industry trends and developments to ensure that our content is always up-to-date and relevant
- Look to secure interviews with newsmakers and industry expects to create insightful news coverage and features that will bring value for our subscribers
- Lead the Hydrogen Economist Podcast with strong content and top interviewees
- Chair or moderate PE Media Networks events featuring hydrogen content such as Women in Hydrogen
- 3-5 years of experience in journalism or a related field, with a strong track record of producing high-quality content
- Experience managing a team of freelance writers and contributors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong editorial judgment and attention to detail
- Knowledge of the hydrogen energy industry and related topics
- Familiarity with social media platforms and best practices
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational and project management skills
PE Media Network is part of Gulf Energy Information—a leading provider of media, marketing and market intelligence services—provides in depth insights, technical content and strategic direction to the international energy industry. Gulf’s market-leading brands—Petroleum Economist, World Oil, Pipeline & Gas Journal, Hydrocarbon Processing, Gas Processing & LNG, Pipeline News and Underground Construction—serve their markets with digital media and events that leverage large audiences. Moreover, Gulf also provides market intelligence solutions to the international energy industry through the Energy Web Atlas and the Construction Boxscore Database.
Job type: Full Time
Salary range: £28,000-£30,000 per annum