SatVu was founded in 2016 with the aim to fill the void in high resolution thermal data from space. It has, since then, turned into a high-growth space tech company poised to help the globe address its sustainability challenges through high-resolution thermal imaging. We are on a quest to ensure any structure on the planet is energy efficient and support the reduction of businesses’ carbon footprint. In near real-time, we will use infrared technology to monitor the Earth and will be able to assess and determine insights into economic activity. This will allow businesses to make decisions to reduce their climate impact.
What You Will Be Getting Involved In
As an early-stage business, you can expect your role to develop over time. However, some of the types of things you could be getting involved in are:
- Implementation of analytics services built on top of SatVu's STAC imagery archive
- Engage with SatVu's approach to the software development lifecycle, by integrating with our existing CI/CD infrastructure
- Embed analytics APIs into SatVu’s existing architecture, and contribute to discussions on how this develops over time
- Work with product managers to ensure viable and technically robust solutions
- Experience in backend software development (in python)
- Familiarity with Web API frameworks (such as FastAPI)
- Working collaboratively in a constantly evolving environment
HOW WE WILL INTERVIEW YOU:
- Call with a member of the People Team to discuss the role in more detail as well as your own wants and needs. The call will last about 30 minutes
- Technical discussion with Head of Engineering
- Take home tech test (1-2 hours)
- Informal chat with wider team members
- Competitive base salary
- Share options
- 25 Days Holiday + Birthday Off
- Hybrid office / remote (Wednesdays and Thursdays in the office in Central London)
- 6 weeks Work from Anywhere
- Home Office Budget
- Learning and development allowance
- Wellbeing Days
- Generous parental leave policies
- Family friendly policies
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Workplace Nursery Benefit scheme
- Contribution towards switching to a renewable energy provider at home
- Bi-weekly lunch & learn sessions
- Office perks; regular team lunches
As part of our pre-employment screening process, we may undertake background checks on applicants who receive an offer of employment. We have in place appropriate policies and safeguards which we are required by law to maintain when processing vetting data.
SatVu in the news:
Equality, diversity and inclusion at SatVu
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we're looking for.
SatVu is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity within our team. We strive to provide equality and fairness for all job applicants and employees, and never discriminate on the basis of gender, marital status, age, race, ethnicity, religion, or physical differences. We are opposed to all forms of unlawful treatment and discrimination.
Our ambition is for our team and its Board to be representative of the diversity in society, and for every employee to feel respected and able to bring their best selves to work.
Agencies/Recruiters: We will reach out if assistance is needed so, please be advised.
SatVu does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies in response to any of our live roles on our career page. SatVu will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee relating to these unsolicited CVs. SatVu explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited CVs, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of SatVu.