**************No recruiters please***************
About H2GO Power
H2GO Power is an inclusive award-winning startup specialising in safe, efficient, and smart hydrogen-energy storage solutions for a net-zero emissions future. Our fast-growing team is dedicated to solving sophisticated technical problems with the goal to provide clean and reliable power from renewable sources and help counter climate change with technology. We are an inclusive and cross-functional team that works collaboratively in a dynamic environment. We strongly encourage applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
H2GO Power are scaling their innovative and groundbreaking hydrogen storage technology and building MWh materials based hydrogen storage systems.The role will comprise of supporting the mechanical design of our hydrogen storage systems for H2GO Power products on budget, on time, on quality and with regulatory compliance. This role is critical to our company and product vision and the person we’re looking for needs to have a proactive attitude and willingness to learn to make an impact both on the product development and within H2GO Power.
What you’ll do
- Design, build, and test of cutting-edge low-pressure hydrogen storage products from concept through to mass manufacture.
- Liaise with different functions within the business to refine requirements and drive technical development.
- Design calculations to size components such as piping, pumps, heaters, and heat exchangers.
- Compiling BoMs, part selection, and part sourcing.
- Liaising with and managing subcontractors and suppliers.
- Creating and maintaining technical and design documentation (i.e. technical files, timing plans, design journals)
- Carry out safety assessments such as FMEAs, risk assessments, HAZOPs
What you’ll bringPreferred
- Enthusiasm for the H2GO mission objective and the role of green hydrogen to meet Net Zero ambitions.
- A proactive attitude with a collaborative mindset.
- The ability to work in a fast-moving and dynamic environment but maintain a high quality of work with attention to detail.
- CAD skills, ideally with SolidWorks.
- A sound understanding of engineering principles, incl. heat transfer, stress/strain and fluid flow.
- A knowledge of manufacturing processes and working closely with manufacturers to develop design for manufacture & assembly processes
- Driving design development analyses (risk, failure mode, tolerance) and other project tasks.
- The ability to create technical drawings, including but not limited to engineering drawings and P&ID diagrams.
- Excellent report writing and justifying decisions that have been made.
- Enthusiasm to be hands-on in the design process and solve problems.
- Experience taking products from conception to completion, leading design reviews whilst liaising closely with customers and suppliers.
- Developing safety critical systems and evaluate risks with tools such ad HAZOP, HAZAN, HAZID, FMEAs, etc.
- Experience working with pressure systems.
- Experience working with complex systems.
- Experience of working with hydrogen systems.
- Demonstrable FEA and CFD experience for design verification, e.g. COMSOL, Solidworks Simulation.
- Experience with process engineering.
- Familiarity with hazardous area protection concepts in electromechanical systems with reference to ATEX or IECEx.
- Previous experience in the design and development of regulated products or devices.