Green Cat Hydrogen (GCH) is a rapidly growing project developer dedicated to developing innovative hydrogen solutions. Our mission is to provide affordable, reliable, and sustainable hydrogen solutions for a greener future. Our team is composed of talented and dedicated professionals who are passionate about the work they do.
GCH require a Head of Engineering to support our growing team and growing development portfolio of electrolytic hydrogen projects as they move through FEED, financing, procurement and into construction and delivery.
- Initiate, lead and maintain overall responsibility for design and engineering completed by the business (hydrogen production, compression, storage, dispensing and processing/synthesis, e.g. ammonia / e-fuels).
- Manage third party system design, specification, construction, integration and testing.
- Create and maintain technical specifications, test plans and documentation.
- Develop and mentor a team of junior engineers, including the development of training roadmaps.
- Provide technical advice on feasibility, cost and timeline associated with key project infrastructure.
- Support the development of strategic plans and roadmaps based on business drivers.
- Facilitate and support project development including budgeting, risk management and schedule development.
The Candidate must:
- Be a registered Chartered Engineer with:
- 7+ years’ experience in relevant sectors.
- Experience taking projects with a =>£5m CAPEX from FEED to operation.
- Experience with system interfacing and delivering projects with multiple technical partners.
- Have strong technical ability and experience with plant design.
- Have the capability and experience to critically review and certify key engineering and safety milestones (e.g. hazard studies, design reviews, zoning, equipment acceptance, etc).
- Possess excellent soft skills, mentoring capabilities, and be comfortable managing internal and external stakeholders.
- Have the right to work in the United Kingdom, full-time, in perpetuity.
The Candidate would benefit from:
- Membership of IChemE and registration as a Chartered Chemical Engineer or Professional Process Safety Engineer.
- Experience with industrial hydrogen systems; with electrolytic hydrogen experience strongly preferable.
- Design and operational competency with high pressure gas plant.
- Experience with quantification and management of hazardous atmospheres.
- Practical working knowledge of plant-wide control systems and design of safety systems.
- Experience with the procurement of large capital items and vendor liaison.
- An entrepreneurial spirit.
The employment package:
- Competitive salary, negotiated depending on qualifications, experience, and skills.
- 25 days annual leave and flexible bank holidays.
- Private healthcare.
Please submit your application including:
- Cover Letter (no page limit); and,
- CV (maximum 3 pages).
Either via this portal, or directly to, firstname.lastname@example.org . Note that Cover Letter and CV may need to be combined to enable uploading to the jobsite portal. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. We will only be able to contact those applicants who have been selected for interviews. GCH reserve the right to close this posting at any time.
Thank you for your interest and consideration.