Expleo is a global company and trusted partner for end-to-end, integrated engineering, quality services and management consulting for digital transformation. We help businesses harness unrelenting technological change to successfully deliver innovations that will help them gain a competitive advantage and improve the everyday lives of people around the globe.
We are seeking a specialist in data analysis and machine learning with a software bias to join our team. The ideal candidate will have experience in the automotive industry and a strong understanding of machine learning and AI.
You will be joining a rapidly growing team of experts, providing real-world data analysis and software solutions for a a client based in the north-east of the UK. Within the Digital, you will be part of a dynamic and passionate team. You will work on a complex and captivating project integrating the latest technological solutions and trends. Working alongside sales experts you will engage and assist in identifying new opportunities with our client. This is a customer facing role which will provide you with the opportunity to work with emerging technologies and cutting-edge products as well as the chance to grow in an ambitious rapidly growing global business.
Your specific technical stack experience is less important; enthusiasm, initiative, and the ability to switch between different technologies is the essential fit here; we pride ourselves on our start-up style culture, with great flexibility and countless opportunities to grow. Thus, even if you don’t have experience in all the areas we work in, you will be provided on-the-job training and coaching to make sure that we succeed.
As part of the Expleo Digital and Emerging Technology (DET) team, you will report to the Head of Software Development (Engineering).Responsibilities
- Be a valued member of a team of consultants on a diverse range of projects for our client
- Be the expert and go to person for data analysis, machine learning and data-led projects
- Mentor and encourage a culture of agile development in your teammates and contribute to an iterative approach to delivery
- Promote quality practices, building confidence in your ability with our client
- Communicate effectively and clearly with stakeholders, your team, and the wider business
- Be part of our success through developing trust with our client
- Work closely with the technical lead and sales lead to progress other opportunities with the client
- Bachelors or better in a mathematically orientated subject (Physics, Maths, Data Analysis / ML, Comp Sci)
- Data analysis / machine learning expert with a strong mathematical background
- Experience in software development with knowledge of languages including python
- Experienced with data analysis / ML frameworks such as SageMaker, PySpark, PowerBI etc.
- Experience with data engineering, ETLs and data management (Apache Kafka, Snowflake, AWS Kinesis)
- Ability to interpret customer requirements,
- Good cloud knowledge and experience, especially with data processing and analysis tools
- Excellent communicator and collaboration with stakeholders
- Experience in working as a member of a team of engineers
- Keen learner, with a great attitude to work and team environment
- Worked with agility and the associated tools (JIRA, Confluence etc.)
- Knowledge of quality techniques such as TDD, Red-Green-Refactor
- Knowledge of the automotive industry
- Understanding of upcoming AI and Machine Learning developments
- At least 5 years of industry experience including 2 years of focus on data analysis and machine learning
- Collaborative working environment – we stand shoulder to shoulder with our clients and our peers through good times and challenges.
- We empower all passionate technology loving professionals by allowing them to expand their skills and take part in inspiring projects.
- Expleo Academy - enables you to acquire and develop the right skills by delivering a suite of accredited training courses.
- Competitive company benefits such as medical and dental insurance, pension, life assurance, employee wellbeing programme, sports and social events, birthday hampers and much more!
- Always working as one team, our people are not afraid to think big and challenge the status quo.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.