Where you fit in
At Shell Energy, we believe there’s a better way to power your business.
Aligned with Shell’s ambition to be a significant global power business and to become net zero by 2050, we are here to guide businesses to a better energy future. One that has the customer and a commitment to cleaner energy at the heart and makes it easy and affordable to embrace new technology.
We offer businesses across Britain 100% renewable electricity as standard. Our cleaner, affordable, and simple solutions help companies manage their energy spend and plan their sustainability roadmap - a fresh approach for environmentally conscious businesses that are looking to boost their sustainability credentials. We also offer natural gas to our customers with the option of supplying green gas on request.
As an integral part of Shell’s Integrated Power Strategy, Shell Energy UK Ltd and Renewables and Energy Solutions (R&ES) have the ambition to substantially grow its European B2B/ Commercial and Industrial (C&I) Gas and Power supply and sales business across European countries.
For that purpose, SE and R&ES have established a commercial business (R&ES Europe B2B Retail) under the newly created European VP-ship in R&ES which will provide energy commodities (gas & power, off-sets) and energy solutions to B2B and Commercial and Industrial customers. This business inherits the significant portfolio of C&I customers previously served under Shell Energy and will expand it in terms of customers, volumes, countries and solutions offered.
The Supply & Portfolio Team is an integral part to this strategy and will enable Shell to capture more and new opportunities in the country markets, by focusing specifically on the growth of the B2B and C&I Customers Portfolio, ensuring its monitoring while managing its performance.What’s the role?
As a Supply & Portfolio Senior Analyst, you will support the UK Supply & Portfolio Manager in the optimisation and management of the consolidated commodity positions of all the customers across the country that your team operates in.
You will be responsible for tracking the exposures on a day-to-day basis, that will be the basis for the hedging strategies that the UK Supply & Portfolio Manager will put in place together with the Traders.
You will also provide inputs to structure the best and most competitive supply solution to enable the local B2B/C&I organisation to grow the customers portfolio and to maximise the value for the Shell Group.
You will be empowered to make commercial decisions on a day-to-day basis, interacting closely with others in the Commercial team, along with the wider business. You will also be expected to support the Supply & Portfolio Analysts within the team when required.
The role also offers the opportunity for someone to play a key role in a Shell expansion into energy markets, to create, lead and mentor a successful trading desk, and a great chance to develop your wider skills and experience within the energy market, whilst building a strong network of contacts across the energy industry. The nature of the business requires candidates to be flexible and adapt to changing requirements.
Furthermore, your accountabilities are as follows:
What We Need From You
- Interface with the UK Supply & Portfolio Manager as well as local Sales Team, Operations and Finance department
- Partner with Portfolio Management team across Europe to ensure best cross-country collaboration on trading and hedging strategies.
- Monitor the broader value of the customer, including extrinsic, cross-commodity, cross-service, and lifetime cycle.
- Support the UK Supply & Portfolio Manager with market intelligence and analysis that can lead to hedging strategies to protect the profitability of the portfolio
- Provide input in shaping and support IT and process capability build for managing exposures and to digitally automate the transactions between Markets and Trading and between Markets and Customers
We’re keen to hear from individuals who have experience in handling sales portfolio. Beyond that, we’d hope to see as many of the following as possible on your CV:
If you don't see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Research has shown that not everyone often applies when they don’t feel 100% qualified. We are committed to creating a more equitable, inclusive, and diverse company and we strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientation, and life experiences to apply. We look forward to receiving your application.
- Good knowledge of European Energy markets, with particular focus on the UK markets gas and power.
- Proven ability to operate with integrity and confidence, interpreting complex/ incomplete information and able to make considered commercial decisions under tight deadlines
- Good knowledge of physical trading and settlement.
- Good understanding of risks and exposures.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to demonstrate initiative, influencing skills and mentoring
- Strong analytical skills and relationship skills, along with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Good attitude at problem solving with innovative solutions and independency in organising and leading tasks
- Team player with ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Highly numerate and demonstrate a history of successful value creation and commercial awareness in similar roles.
- Beneficial strong technology and coding skills coupled with knowledge of data science (eg Python, SQL)
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then, we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit, and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
- Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
- We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.