NEOM is a new vision of what the future could be. It’s an attempt to do something that’s never been done before and it’s coming at a time when the world needs fresh thinking and new solutions. Put simply, NEOM will not only be a destination, but a home for people who dream big and who want to be part of building a new model for sustainable living.
NEOM Supply Chain & Logistics (SC&L) Division’s role is to lead the design, implementation, and ongoing execution and management of the world’s first fully integrated physical and digital Supply Chain from green field, serving NEOM and the region with intelligent, sustainable, and autonomous solutions
The role of a WMS (Warehouse Management System) specialist is to oversee and manage the overall functionality of the WMS within an organization. The purpose of this role is to ensure that the WMS is running smoothly and efficiently, and that it is meeting the operational needs of the organization.Key Accountabilities And Responsibilities
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Follow and actively promote HSE compliance to deliver safe operational performance.
- Identify and take appropriate actions to any health and safety related risks for all employees and visitors.
- Identify potential individual training requirements.
- Support the onboarding, induction, and training of new team members.
Education & Experience
- Accurate and timely completion of all WMS associated operational activities including receiving, put away, picking, packing, and handling of goods; processing of applicable documentation and system updates in relation to the receipt, storage, value-add services, and dispatch of goods, in-line with standard operating processes and applicable standards.
- Interact with individuals and teams at required levels in supporting and mentoring WMS activities.
- Identification and where possible resolution of WMS issues in cooperation with others.
- Operates and monitors the WMS activities related to receiving and shipping workflow and other warehouse operations.
- Ensures all WMS system downtime and clear communication and liaise with operations team and IT team.
- Configuring the WMS system to meet the specific needs of the organization and its operations.
- Identify training needs & opportunities to develop a highly skilled functional department
- Communicates with department regarding customer accounts & workload distribution
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Systems, Logistics, or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in implementing and maintaining WMS systems, preferably in a warehouse or distribution environment
- Strong technical skills in WMS software, such as JDA (blue Yonder), SAP or Oracle.
- Knowledge of warehouse operations and inventory management principles
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to analyze complex data sets.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Availability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends, as needed.
- Creating and managing user accounts and permissions, including training new users on how to use the system.
- Monitoring system performance and generating reports to track key performance indicators, such as inventory levels, order processing times, and shipping accuracy.
- Collaborating with warehouse functional teams like operations, quality, order planners, inspectors, IT, operations, and logistics, to ensure that the WMS is integrated effectively with other systems and processes.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all WMS-related issues and questions from warehouse staff.
- Provide training and support to warehouse staff on how to use the WMS system.
- Work with the IT department to implement and maintain the WMS system, including system configuration, user setup, troubleshooting and testing of new features.
- Develop and maintain system documentation, including user manuals, standard operating procedures (SOPs), and system requirements.
- Closely collaborate with Blue Yonder team for any system glitches and bugs that need to be fixed.
- Monitor and analyze WMS data to identify opportunities for process improvements and system enhancements.
- Manage system upgrades and ensure system stability and uptime.
- Act as a liaison between the warehouse operations team and IT department for WMS-related issues and project completions.