Vehicle Installation Engineer
Location: Inner M25 region, London, Southeast of England (Field based)
Job type: PERMANENT, Full time
Telent are looking for a Vehicle Installation Engineer
(in-vehicle Electronics, Radio Communications Systems installations and maintenance) to join our Network Services team, serving our customers across the Emergency Services
and Blue Light
disciplines. This Vehicle Engineer role is a field-based role
, covering the Inner M25 and London regions, travelling to various depots and sites. You may have to make the odd visit to our Canning Town office as of when required.
When you join our Engineering Team at Telent, you'll be empowered to innovate and drive common solutions, working closely with technical experts who are proud of the impact their work makes. Come and join a high-performing team doing complex and critical work. Help build and keep the nation's critical infrastructure connected and protected 24/7.
Vehicle Engineer - What you’ll do:
We are looking for an experienced Vehicle Technician / Vehicle Engineer / Electronics Installations Engineer / Auto-electrical Engineer, to assist us in installing and maintaining
mission-critical Radio Communication Systems that are designed for front-line Emergency Services and Blue Light support vehicles.
You will be required to undertake installation tasks for “new build” Ambulance vehicles, planned maintenance and fault rectifications on a range of Radio Communication / Communication systems and Auto-electrical equipment found in Emergency Service vehicles.
The primary role will be maintaining the London Ambulance Service (LAS) fleet, ensuring vehicle downtime is kept to a minimum. The work is undertaken on customer premises and within our designated workshop in Canning Town. You will be required to participate in an on-call rota - 1 in 3 weeks, 24/7 basis upon successful completion of training.
- Installation and commissioning of Mobile Data Terminals (MDT’s) and GPS systems for new vehicle build projects as well as existing fleet
- Maintain spares efficiently and monitor the movement of assets between maintenance stock and the designated vehicle
- Install, maintain, and repair Radio Communication / Communication systems in primary emergency response vehicles
- Support the business in achieving tight SLA's
- Strive to achieve a first-time fix on all cases
- Be H&S aware
- Adopt safe working practices
- Undertake training as required
- Security conscious
- Work closely with your peers
- Be well organized
Vehicle Engineer - Who you are:
The Vehicle Engineer will have the experience of installing, maintaining, testing and commissioning in-vehicle electrical hardware, and communications systems found in front-line Emergency Services support vehicles. Anything from GPS units, Mobile Data Terminals, Blue Lights, Radio Communications, Trackers, Reversing Cameras, CCTV systems etc. You will have a passion for electronics and installations work, as well being able to fix and troubleshoot issues found on electronic equipment found in Emergency Response vehicles. We are looking for a background in or experience of doing something similar – it doesn’t have to be Emergency Services, such as Taxi Service, Fire, Police, Delivery Vehicles for Supermarkets, HGV’s etc.
Vehicle Engineer - Key requirements:
- Experienced in Vehicle Electronic Installation work in a Blue Light Environment or Emergency Services industry or similar (desirable)
- Able to install in-vehicle electronic equipment / hardware in a timely manner to meet the customer expectations
- Installation experience with TETRA and Mobile Data Solutions (MDT’s) is desirable
- FITAS FCS1362 Accredited – desirable
- Good IT skills and able to use a tablet / handheld mobile device
- City & Guilds/NVQ in Electronics or similar
- Full UK driving license and ability to travel across the Inner M25 / London region
- Flexible and able to meet business demands / targets / SLA’s
- Good customer facing skills
- Strong team player
- Able to participate in a 24/7 shift on a 1 week in 3 basis
- Able to self-manage when required
Telent - What we offer:
- Competitive starting salary + uncapped overtime options
- Company vehicle and fuel card
- 33 days holiday, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company matched pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies
- Occupational health support and wellbeing Portal
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with Telent Reward scheme
Telent is a leading technology company and specialist in the design, build, support and maintenance, drawing on decades of experience in mission critical communications and technology of the UK’s critical digital infrastructure. The work we do helps connect thousands of people and communities, using the best technology and innovation available. When you join us, you’ll have the opportunity to make a real impact on all our futures by fulfilling your potential and delivering high performance. You’ll be part of a team of more than 3,000 brilliant, dedicated people committed to getting the job done well.
If this sounds like the right role for you, and you want to enhance your Vehicle Engineering experience further in a growing yet established organisation, apply now!
Brilliance brought together.