Mer UK is building the charging infrastructure for the future. We are growing rapidly, and we need your help to maintain the velocity.
We are an organisation with ambition to become one of the top 5 in business and fleet charging, we have a clear focus on customer centricity, and we’re on a mission to increase charger sockets across the UK. Already working with some major brands; Milk & More, Ikea, Asda, Keltruck, Northumbria NHS, Tarmac to name but a few, and supporting a plethora of customers across both the private and public sectors, we’ve built a reputation based on honesty, authenticity, and trust!
We’re looking for a passionate, driven, and enthusiastic Bid & Tender Manager to join our already successful team. Helping us achieve our ambitious goals for 2024 and beyond. The position will be reporting into the Head of Sales and will be responsible for leading the efficient and effective preparation of high quality, winning tenders and bids for Mer Fleet Services in the UK.
· Early engagement with potential clients, supporting the sales team
· To provide professional, accurate and concise bid submission documents to client requirements in specified time constraints
· Understand and organise company governance data (finance, operations, HR, risk, H&S)
· Respond to customer requirements such as Vendor onboarding questionnaires, RFI, RFQ, Market engagements etc.
· Assist to build a library of templates and documents to support the company with future bids and tenders
· Accurate management of all bid and tender portals
· Building industry and company specific knowledge, market analysis
· Support the Head of Sales with future innovation ideas
· Organise and lead post bid lessons learned, record and understand the outcome
Essential skills and experience
· You must possess a “can-do” attitude, with aspirations to go above and beyond
· Previous bid and tender writing experience, with a creative flair!
· The ability to support customer meetings
· Understanding of bidding and bid management
· Organised with meticulous attention to detail
· Good commercial acumen
· Leadership of bid teams
· IT literate in Microsoft packages
· Must be able to work with initiative
· A desire for continuous understanding of the process from sales through to finance, IT, operations and wider business units
· A good team player with the ability to work independently
Desirable skills and experience
· An affinity with new technology
· Calm under pressure
· An understanding of the UK EV market
· Flexibility on working hours
Benefits in return
- Remuneration; Salary plus bonus commensurate with experience
- 25 Days annual leave (+ bank holidays, annual leave will increase with service to a max of 30 days)
- Training and continual self-development plan
- Company pension scheme
- Access to Healthcare cash plan
- Free access to EAP Helpline (Financial advice, mental health, and counselling)
- Life insurance benefit x 4 times annual salary
- 2 x CSR (Corporate and Social Responsibility) days per annum
- EV Homecharger (free however eligibility is subject to T&C's)