Position: Regional & Urban Mobility Planning Manager
Reports to: Director of Regional and Urban Mobility
Sector: Land Mobility
Job Location: NEOM Role Purpose:
NEOM is a unique global living lab for intelligent, innovative, sustainable, efficient and effective infrastructure solutions. NEOM’s mobility vision is to support the creation of truly sustainable mobility and integrated land use via urban design and innovative technologies. The underpinned core principles to achieve this vision include on-demand, connected mobility services, active mobility and micro-mobility, electric and zero-emission vehicles, autonomous shared mobility, public transit, and rapid transit. NEOM will attract investors to develop, test and scale innovative solutions to world markets.
Reporting to the Director of Regional & Urban Mobility, Regional & Urban Mobility Planning Manager will contribute to the successful planning and implementation of transportation projects underpinning NEOM’s vision to support the transformation to a truly sustainable mobility and integrated land use via urban design and innovative technologies. The underpinned core principles are on-demand and connected services orchestrating active and micromobility, electric and zero-emission vehicles as well as autonomous shared mobility and public transit. NEOM is a unique global living lab for innovative, safe, efficient, and on-demand mobility for all users and attracts investors to develop, test and scale innovative solutions to world markets.
The role demands stakeholder management, leadership and influencing skills to ensure the project is executed within time, cost, quality, and of course safety constraints to meet NEOM’s ambition.Key Accountabilities & Activities
Knowledge, Skills And Experience
- Follow up on all actions required from internal and external parties.
- Lead constructability reviews and contribute to risk/value reviews for the design.
- Review and comment on all project schedules that are received from the various stakeholders and ensure all the milestone dates are coordinated.
- Develop and evaluate urban transit interface typologies and place making performances of the Line for vertical communities.
- Specify urban interface design guidelines and assess submissions by NEOM Urban Planning (masterplanning phase) and NEOM Projects (design phase) and its consultants (architects, masterplanners, mobility and transport consultants).
- Help specify and develop KPIs for Place Making and user experience metrics such as levels of service, first and last mile facilities and activation, approach safety, way-finding, comfort etc, for new vertical TOCs/ Place Making.
- Conduct urban and community impact assessment and forecasting with Mobility Planning
- Support the team to manage the consultant undertaking Advanced Spatial Analysis development.
- Manage the communication between multiple Land Mobility teams and NEOM sectors, to oversee various strands of concurrent masterplanning & architectural developments regarding multi-modal mobility.
- Internal and external stakeholder management including architects and design consultants.
- Implement and ensure robust systems for version control and information data management.
- Lead major multi-disciplinary transit planning and policy projects to further the development and implementation of regional transportation planning for NEOM.
- Provide creative network analysis, serving as a subject matter expert for issues related to transit and transportation system planning, policy, and analysis.
- Provide advice and consultative services to senior management of business units within NEOM on a range of transportation planning and policy issues.
- Manage and conduct different types of passenger rail/transportation studies – including feasibility, business cases, alternatives analysis, and functional planning - to develop infrastructure requirements and service concepts/designs, using a transit planning lens.
- Draft and implements project scopes, work plans, schedules, and other documents to support the delivery of the studies, including preparation of business cases.
- Oversees consultant assignments to ensure that projects meet budgets and schedules including negotiating fees, supervising consultant teams, approvals and contractual claims.
- Interprets data, policy, and study outcomes to recommend projects and strategies to senior management.
- Develops and delivers briefing, communication, and presentation materials for a wide range of audiences including senior management.
- Represents the Mobility Planning Team on inter-departmental projects and serves as a key point of contact, liaising with stakeholders and other departments.
- Facilitates stakeholder engagement by regularly liaising with internal and external partners regarding project development, administration, and implementation.
- > 10 years experience on professional projects with focus on urban analytics, network analysis and user-centric movement evaluation with some focus on transit-oriented and transport planning
- Good working knowledge of quantitative/ evidence-based methods for place making and masterplanning such as demand models, micro simulation (pedestrians and fleets) and network analysis.
- Experience (academic or project-based) of innovative zero-carbon mobility systems and their implementation such as autonomous vehicles, shared mobility, micro-mobility etc
- Strong organizational, project management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet competing deadlines.
- Self-starter who thrives in ambitious, international and fast changing environments with a keen interest to work on the forefront of urban mobility and the future of cities.
- Experience with Microsoft Office – Excellent experience working with Word, PowerPoint, and excel is mandatory.
- Excellent analytical and verbal reasoning skills.
- Experience working in cross functional and diverse team environment.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications in English.
- Proactive personality and leadership qualities.
- Ability to think strategically along with creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong understanding and proactive approach to risk management principles.
- Combination of degrees in a built and transport environment subject (transport, architecture, urban design, urban planning) and an evidence-based subject in relation to the built environment (computational design, urban analytics, spatial analytics, mobility modelling etc)